PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: David Terrell..Did we have him here last year???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh brings back memories of BSampson and his outrage over Terrell's Attention Deficit Disorder stuff. :D Good times, *snif* Good times.

He was drafted on Ron Borges team ahead of Richard Seymour.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Ahhh brings back memories of BSampson and his outrage over Terrell's Attention Deficit Disorder stuff. :D Good times, *snif* Good times.

Yes. We were young, we were happy, we had BSampson ...

NEM said:
I think he will surprise everyone and be a big time receiver. BB didnt give him a chance.

Spoken by someone who saw NONE of the training camp sessions where the guy was S.L.O.W., had no moves and ran questionable routes. He's JAB, just another bust.

Dave's another friend of mine from UM. He's....different. I think untalented is a poor choice of words. Dave has a LOT of talent, but he just gets too caught up in the "other" things about football, and doesn't put his all into it. I was very excited when we signed him last year, because he really admired Tommy's work ethic, and I thought the 2 of them being reunited would spark Dave to finally live up to his potential. It started off well (we all saw the photos of he and TB swapping shorts for practice, and really working out hard together), but once he got hurt, he seemingly gave up. I really want to see him succeed in the league, because he's a genuinely good person, but watching him not "get it" and waste his talent is frustrating.

NEM said:
I think he will surprise everyone and be a big time receiver. BB didnt give him a chance.

Come on NEM...I know you were high on him last year, but "didn't give him a chance?" He showed nothing in TC, and ended up spending the season on Denver's game-day inactive list. Terrell's now been given good chances with 3 different teams and hasn't taken advantage of them.

NEM said:
yeah, that happens all the time, guys are crushing disappointments their first six years in the league and then all of a sudden, they're 'big-time'.

Good call.

Michigan Dave said:
Dave's another friend of mine from UM. He's....different. I think untalented is a poor choice of words. Dave has a LOT of talent, but he just gets too caught up in the "other" things about football, and doesn't put his all into it. I was very excited when we signed him last year, because he really admired Tommy's work ethic, and I thought the 2 of them being reunited would spark Dave to finally live up to his potential. It started off well (we all saw the photos of he and TB swapping shorts for practice, and really working out hard together), but once he got hurt, he seemingly gave up. I really want to see him succeed in the league, because he's a genuinely good person, but watching him not "get it" and waste his talent is frustrating.

Thanks for this post. It's easy for fans to sneer at guys who don't make it, but sometimes the reasons are complicated -- more than laziness and arrogance. It's no knock on the Patriots that he didn't, but I hope that he has success elsewhere, unlikely though it is.

NEM said:
Look at where he got stuck, and on a team that had no idea if they even had a QB. He will be a player, i have no doubt.

NEM=Borges :eek:

Michigan Dave said:
I just thought it was interesting to post that seeing he's in Denver and speaking out..I would have liked to see him make it, BUT...the injury really did him in...I didn't think he was that bad though..but in the end, just could not get it enough to make the team. Maybe he'll be OK, but I think NEM's prediction is a bit way out.

NEM said:
I cant wait to see you eat your words. It will be enjoyable.
Yeah, that's what Borges said in 2001 too.

NEM said:
Look at where he got stuck, and on a team that had no idea if they even had a QB. He will be a player, i have no doubt.
Right. Will this happen sometime during his FIRST decade in the league, or his second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back