PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dallas Police want apology from "fancy little football person".

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Authorities did not immediately respond, citing privacy laws, but on Thursday the president of the Dallas Police Association -- which represents Dallas police officers -- demanded an apology from T.O. and his publicist.

"The officers reacted because they were called to this location to do this job. Now they're being put under a microscope by some fancy little football person," Senior Cpl. Glenn White said. "Give me a break. Those officers are 10 times better than this man. ... We police officers don't go out to these calls and make stuff up.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/28/bc.fbn.cowboys.t.o.ap/1.html

Not a big fan of cops, but in this instance what the guy said about TO is dead on the money.

That is so funny. I'll be laughing about that until the next crazy T.O.-related headline comes out. I give that about a week.:D

SoonerPatriot said:
Not a big fan of cops, but in this instance what the guy said about TO is dead on the money.

usually the people who aren't fans of cops are criminals. :eek:

Why would you not thank the people who help keep you safe? :rolleyes:

PFT was mentioning how all the officers were white and how some moron might try to turn it into a race thing.

I'm sure Jesse Jackson is already driving down there as we type.

I love it! T.O.'s new nickname:
F.L.F.P

If I were TO I would not speed and would hope that I do not need the assistance of Dallas Police or any Police Dept. soon... may take a little longer to get there next. This guy is the consummate media whore, has taken up too much time in the past 24 hours.

mgcolby said:

The ones who actually keep us safe, sure. All I see of cops is the ones sitting around with radar guns looking to give me a ticket for no good reason (and, no, I haven't gotten one for 11 years). They are a waste of time. Go out and catch some real criminals :mad:

mgcolby said:

Not a criminal. Just not a big fan of cops. Really, to be specific, motor cycle cops who hand out tickets for mamby pamby offenses. But I digress.

My good friends Smith and Wesson keep me safe :)

BelichickFan said:
The ones who actually keep us safe, sure. All I see of cops is the ones sitting around with radar guns looking to give me a ticket for no good reason (and, no, I haven't gotten one for 11 years). They are a waste of time. Go out and catch some real criminals :mad:

Please explain how that..never mind all I can do is chuckle at that. And I don't want to hijack the thread. :cool:

BelichickFan said:

BF I usually agree whole-heartedly with you but if police officers didn't sit around with radar guns waiting to give people tickets for no good reason there would be anarchy streets.

What would you be saying if they weren't sitting around with their radar guns and some d1nk sped down the road and wiped out half your family?

Well, the original thread topic was a good one. And, I say that as someone who is so sick of seeing, hearing, and reading about TO that I could barf.

Too bad that some cannot stick with that rather than start nonsense that has nothing to do with the intent of the thread.

Keegs said:
PFT was mentioning how all the officers were white and how some moron might try to turn it into a race thing.

I'm sure Jesse Jackson is already driving down there as we type.

Hey, I got half the board hating me for bringing up race in another thread, so I might as well, here: *I'm absolutely sure the well respected police officers of Dallas love black people and treat them fairly 100% of the time. :rolleyes:

*only posted this to piss off SoonerPatriot & PatsNUTme.

black or white,
the police don't take kindly to being called liars on national tv.

I'd imagine this won't be the end of it.

I'm betting sooner or later, owens will be in trouble with the police again in dallas.

BradyManny2344 said:
Hey, I got half the board hating me for bringing up race in another thread, so I might as well, here: *I'm absolutely sure the well respected police officers of Dallas love black people and treat them fairly 100% of the time. :rolleyes:

*only posted this to piss off SoonerPatriot & PatsNUTme.
ass.jpg

Willie55 said:
BF I usually agree whole-heartedly with you but if police officers didn't sit around with radar guns waiting to give people tickets for no good reason there would be anarchy streets.

What would you be saying if they weren't sitting around with their radar guns and some d1nk sped down the road and wiped out half your family?
You might be right with the reality of the situation but it drives me nuts to no end to have some guy zapping me with the radar in a 35 MPH zone.

BelichickFan said:
You might be right with the reality of the situation but it drives me nuts to no end to have some guy zapping me with the radar in a 35 MPH zone.

Are you in Terry Glenn mode though doing 65 MPH through a school zone? :D

Willie55 said:
Are you in Terry Glenn mode though doing 65 MPH through a school zone? :D
Absolutely not. I rarely go more than 5 MPH over the limit (close to 10 on the freeway, with the flow of traffic), hence no tickets in 11 years. It just pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes