PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Culpepper's "warning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
SVN said:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/.../sfl-0917dolphinsap,0,5092720.story?track=rss

Daunte did however issue this warning- "At times I feel very comfortable," Culpepper said. "I just have to get into my rhythm. When I get into my rhythm, people better watch out."

thought it was funny

That's just pathetic...Like it's not his fault. He doesn't need to execute better he just needs to "get into his rythem", like it's an outside power that he's waiting on. He sucks, always has always will.

jeffd said:
That's just pathetic...Like it's not his fault. He doesn't need to execute better he just needs to "get into his rythem", like it's an outside power that he's waiting on. He sucks, always has always will.

I thought he needed to get his "Roll On". :rolleyes:

Nice to see Nick has his back :rolleyes: :

"Asked whether Culpepper's struggles were more physical or mental, coach Nick Saban said, "I can't answer that. I don't know. We're going to try and figure it out."

Shoulda done that four months ago genius. The better bet was the guy with the questionable shoulder but the sound mind and heart.

I am SO glad the all-knowing Saban did not choose Brees. Word up is that Brees has a very Brady like approach to game preparatioon and off season. Culp is similar to Bledsoe, awsome physical stats & talent that they rely on as opposed to improving the myriad other facets of their games.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I am SO glad the all-knowing Saban did not choose Brees. Word up is that Brees has a very Brady like approach to game preparatioon and off season. Culp is similar to Bledsoe, awsome physical stats & talent that they rely on as opposed to improving the myriad other facets of their games.

Saban like many coaches, and most fans, gets seduced and fall in love with superior athletic ability. They equate this athletic ability they can see, to production, can't miss, kind of importance and at some positions it does have value but at NFL QB position atheletic ability is perhaps the least important asset.

At the NFL QB position in fact superior athletic ability often masks real weaknesses in becoming an effective NFL QB.

A player with superior atheltic ability tends to rely on it rather then doing the hard work it takes to devolope the mental aspects of being a QB, those aspects like, hard work off the field constantly seeking improvment, leadership, focus, making good decisions with the ball, reading defenses, moving around in the pocket and finding the open reciever, rather then tucking the ball and running or worse throwing the ball up for grabs.

The most successful NFL QBs are superior mentally rather then atheleticly. But these mental aspects unlike the atheltic aspects can not be as easily seen or judged.

RAWKY said:
Saban like many coaches, and most fans, gets seduced and fall in love with superior athletic ability. They equate this athletic ability they can see, to production, can't miss, kind of importance and at some positions it does have value but at NFL QB position atheletic ability is perhaps the least important asset.

At the NFL QB position in fact superior athletic ability often masks real weaknesses in becoming an effective NFL QB.

A player with superior atheltic ability tends to rely on it rather then doing the hard work it takes to devolope the mental aspects of being a QB, those aspects like, hard work off the field constantly seeking improvment, leadership, focus, making good decisions with the ball, reading defenses, moving around in the pocket and finding the open reciever, rather then tucking the ball and running or worse throwing the ball up for grabs.

The most successful NFL QBs are superior mentally rather then atheleticly. But these mental aspects unlike the atheltic aspects can not be as easily seen or judged.

Hence the Michael Vick ballwashing fest!!! The guy is a terrible QB, but becuase he's a great athlete, they think he's the best QB in the NFC!

I am also on the "thank God Saban didn't pick up Brees" bandwagon!

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:

You may be right about Culpepper and Bledsoe both relying on physical talent too much (Honestly, I would know if that is true of Bledsoe or not).

But I will say this about Bledsoe.... he carried this fricken team for a few years there without any WR on the talent level of Randy Moss...

Culpepper couldn't hold Bledsoe's jock in my book (and I am not a big Bledsoe fan)

Man you guys are racists.

Ok seriously Daunte looks bad but it's too early in the season to judge him. Granted he played horrible last year but in 2004 he would have been MVP if Peyton Manning wasn't around. He was really fabulous, saying Daunte has always sucked is ******ed.

I hope the guy never goes on to have a good game since he plays for the Dolphins but it really is too early to tell. The Pats were 0-2 and in shambles in 1996 and I remember the Dolphins fans crowing in usenet about how much of a superior team they were.

I'll wait for at least a few more games before I am ready to jump on the Daunte Culpepper sucks bandwagon. Trust me I really, really want to because of all the hype the Dolphins got the offseason but it's just too early.

fnordcircle said:

Wow, wow...

Culpepper almost won MVP because he led a great offense and when times got tough he could launch the ball into triple coverage and let Moss go get it. Take a step back from fantasy footbal and watch the guy play sometime. Very unimpressive.

I think I could intercept a Dante pass and run it back for a TD. I would spike the ball in front of him and take the 15 yard penalty. I'm soooooo afraid of Dante.

Last edited:
fnordcircle said:

This is entirely uncalled for
and offensive!

Are athletes of your chosen race
to be exempt from standards based on attainment?

I've got to admit to not watching many Vikings games over the years...

But watching some of the Miami game I saw that Culpepper was quite often throwing sidearm... that doesn't seem to be all that sound mechanically and unwise given the fact that the ball's that much lower to the ground

Does he often throw sidearm or is that indicative of a lingering physical problem?

fnordcircle said:

This makes no sense. Way to bring something completely unrelated and just plain stupid into the conversation.

fnordcircle said:

Ok seriously Daunte looks bad
Okay folks, let's take a chill pill - fnord made what appears to be a bad attempt at humor using a topic which had any humor capacity sucked out years ago. fnord, learn something from this regarding people's reactions to racism as a topic, let alone humor. I certainly hope I'm reading this correctly and you weren't so tasteless as to use this with ill intent - you won't last long here if that is the case.

Count my vote in the Dante has always sucked column. Minnesota was another regular season club like Indianapolis because Dante made bad decisions once faced with playoff caliber defenses, he was also a fumble machine. Nothing has changed except he is half a step slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes