PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Crapcast strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So I turn on TV today.... aaand every single channel is different. What gives? Turns out Crapcast decided to change their line-up. WHy??? Oh and the best part not only NFLN (that I payed for) is not on its regular channel but it also says that I don't have it and should call them to order. Just great! This cable company is a joke!

So I turn on TV today.... aaand every single channel is different. What gives? Turns out Crapcast decided to change their line-up. WHy??? Oh and the best part not only NFLN (that I payed for) is not on its regular channel but it also says that I don't have it and should call them to order. Just great! This cable company is a joke!

:yeahthat: Here I am through an entire offseason paying extra for the NFL Network package just as carry over from the previous two seasons (its really the only reason I upgraded) and now, on the cusp of the season, the nFL Network is no more. Whats more, the Patriot Video News is no longer available on my On Demand!!

I've been ripped off.

OK I got NFLN straightened out, they just had to send a signal to my box or whatever... but the whole channel lineup change is a little frustraiting, because you get used to those channels and now all of them are different. Comcast rep told me they did this nation wide to make all the channels on the same channel whereever you go. I guess it makes sense but is annoying!

I got my new HD television and spent $100 for an HDMI cable to attach it to my digital (Comcast) cable box. Turns out my cable box is an older generation that doesn't have an HDMI output plug, so I took it in to exchange for a new box. "Sorry, we're all out of them," the woman tells me. "We might get more in two or three weeks. We have a big waiting list."

SO, my guess is that anyone with a high-def television will want to maximize their picture/sound quality with HDMI, yet Comcast is lagging behind the technology which has been around now for quite some time. Just another example of a monopoly dragging its feet in customer service.

My channel lineup is the same as it has been.

A few weeks ago I lost the NFL Network OnDemand and had to call Comcast. They said it was a frequent error. My reply was, if it is a frequent error, shouldn't they go through and fix it before they get frequent phone calls?

for most of you guys/gals is Verizon not an option?

Turns out they yanked NFLN and put it in with a sports package that requires additional fees. So, its not an error, its a rip off.

Verizon frustrates me because I get a weekly advt mailing touting FIOS. Yet it's not available and won't be in the forseeable future. Maroons.

Turns out they yanked NFLN and put it in with a sports package that requires additional fees. So, its not an error, its a rip off.

Yah, I had all the Patriots All Access shows previously and was finally going to watch them. Not now. Obviously the NFL pulled strings with Boston channel Five and got their Pats stuff pulled.

I got my new HD television and spent $100 for an HDMI cable to attach it to my digital (Comcast) cable box. Turns out my cable box is an older generation that doesn't have an HDMI output plug, so I took it in to exchange for a new box. "Sorry, we're all out of them," the woman tells me. "We might get more in two or three weeks. We have a big waiting list."

SO, my guess is that anyone with a high-def television will want to maximize their picture/sound quality with HDMI, yet Comcast is lagging behind the technology which has been around now for quite some time. Just another example of a monopoly dragging its feet in customer service.

Here's a tip with cables: NEVER buy them at stores.

Order them online here:
http://www.monoprice.com/

Those HDMI cables only cost like $6

I learned the hard way too :)

paying 150 dollars for a Monster HDMI cable is dumb. It's a digital signal, it's not analog. It's either a one or a zero. The teenagers working the store will tell you there's a difference but there isn't. In order for there to be errors on a digital cable, the cable has to really be bad, much worse than you can get for 10 bucks. If they try to tell you there's a difference, they're lying or don't know what they're talking about. I could care less about any signal difference as long as my TV can read 1 or 0. That's all that matters for a digital, uncompressed signal. The TV will light up the same pixels for a cheap cable.

I got mine for free. I went to comcast and told them I just upgraded my TV and needed a HDMI cable and they gave me one with no questions. Then I went back and told them that they gavem me the wrong cable and I got another one for my Blue Ray player.

Last edited:
paying 150 dollars for a Monster HDMI cable is dumb. It's a digital signal, it's not analog. It's either a one or a zero. The teenagers working the store will tell you there's a difference but there isn't. In order for there to be errors on a digital cable, the cable has to really be bad, much worse than you can get for 10 bucks. If they try to tell you there's a difference, they're lying or don't know what they're talking about. I could care less about any signal difference as long as my TV can read 1 or 0. That's all that matters for a digital, uncompressed signal. The TV will light up the same pixels for a cheap cable.

I got mine for free. I went to comcast and told them I just upgraded my TV and needed a HDMI cable and they gave me one with no questions. Then I went back and told them that they gavem me the wrong cable and I got another one for my Blue Ray player.

Yea man. Monster is seriously overpriced. The packaging probably cost more than the product.
Comcast upgraded my box to the DVR box with PIP and HDMI output for free too. They rape you on content, but are pretty lenient with the hardware.

I recently worked at Circuit City before their big layoff I was the Senior of the TV department.
Monster cables for the most part are an improvement except for hdmi.
Hdmi is a digitally carried signal and the thing with digital either you get it or you don't so as long as the cable is read it doesn't matter if you buy one for 10 or 100 bucks yeah they can put insulation around it and paint it all kinds of color and monster can put 1080 certified on the wrapper but it's no different the only difference I seen on a monster cable is with their speaker wire and stereo connections.
Places like Circuit City make over 70 percent profit on the cables trust me I use to see the reports.
Going to the Monster Press conferences is basically all about ripping off the customers they teach the associates what new things to say and post and this and that.
They don't care what they say is accurate or not as long as it sells.
I had a Monster Hdmi cable I got at a generous discount then I bought a Philips hdmi cable 20 bucks at Walmart no difference at all.
As far as Comcast Directv is leaps and bounds ahead of them on technology and will have many more hd channels then comcast in the next 2 years I've been a customer for 8 years and since I live in PA is the only way to see my beloved pats.
Trust me if you still have the receipt take the cable back and buy some groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down