PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cowboys trade Shanle to Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can only assume that the Pats didn't like what they saw in Shanle when they were down there scouting the Cowboys.

Good trade for the Saints, god knows they need the help, although their main issue IMO is the offensive line, Bush was getting creamed the other night in the backfield.

DaBruinz said:
One can only assume that the Pats didn't like what they saw in Shanle when they were down there scouting the Cowboys.
Damn! I hope that's the case...

so...no trade with the Dallas Cowboys i think

Shanle left not to us - Gorin left not to DAL...

Wow, I'm surprised that the Cowboys were able to get a fourth rounder for him.

huskeralk said:
Wow, I'm surprised that the Cowboys were able to get a fourth rounder for him.

I'll be surprised if the Saints ever become competitive. Moves like this will just haunt a team.

OntarioPatsFan said:
I'll be surprised if the Saints ever become competitive. Moves like this will just haunt a team.

No i think this is an solid move by the saints, they have little/no talent at LB

They are trading a 4th round pick for a 2006 starter, when ever you can do that, it isn't a bad move.

Last edited:
PatsSaintsSox said:
No i think this is an solid move by the saints, they have little/no talent at LB

They are trading a 4th round pick for a 2006 starter, when ever you can do that, it isn't a bad move.

The guy was a seventh round draft pick and fringe starter. I actually like the guy as a player but I would have been mad if the Patriots spent a fourth rounder to get him.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Well that makes much more sense. That's a pretty decent trade for NO then.

And that makes the Gorin for Shanle supposition a little more credible... equal value. I wonder whether it was the Pats or the Cowboys who said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back