PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cowboy's rookie off to a rough start with Parcells

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Although he seems like he's got good potential as a KR and backup WR, Skyler Green's didn't do himself any favors winning over the Tuna by calling GM Jerry Jones "Coach Jones" upon being drafted

Parcells seems to have returned the favor by giving Green the name "Fat Boy"

Of course this all smacks of the classic Bill Parcells school of motivation through insult and intimidation - so with any luck we'll have a Cowboys/Patriots Super Bowl.

Ouch, I think Skyler just became the annual Parcells whipping boy.

smg93 said:
Ouch, I think Skyler just became the annual Parcells whipping boy.

Skyler Green? Who's she?

He only wants him to lose 9 pounds, pretty much par for the course with Parcells.

dryheat44 said:
Skyler Green? Who's she?
:rofl: :rofl: Shades of Terry Glen!!! Parcells seems to love these dual gender names!

JoeSixPat said:
Although he seems like he's got good potential as a KR and backup WR, Skyler Green's didn't do himself any favors winning over the Tuna by calling GM Jerry Jones "Coach Jones" upon being drafted

Parcells seems to have returned the favor by giving Green the name "Fat Boy"

Of course this all smacks of the classic Bill Parcells school of motivation through insult and intimidation - so with any luck we'll have a Cowboys/Patriots Super Bowl.

Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.

Hoodie said:
Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.

No kidding - ever see him looking down at that gizmo that's on his belt? Its a neat little gadget that tells him when his shoes are untied.

I was watching the news the other day here in central Texas, and they did a piece on the Cowboys draft and mini-camp. While Skyler Green being "fat" was given a lot of coverage, they also showed a lot of clips on Bobby Carpenter. Maybe I'm totally misreading him, but he always seemed to have a smirk and a cawk-suredness too him, and I don't mean in a good way. The whole thing just seemed to be too much of a lark for him and I came away thinking "This guy is a jerk, and I'm glad the Pats didn't draft him"...right in line with what some of his critics were suggesting pre-draft. He does NOT seem like a Patriot to me.

Editted because the site censored my use of ****-suredness.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
Skyler Green? Who's she?

Actually, Jarvis' cousin. Led the SEC in KR ydg in 2004. LSU, WR, bit of a smurf. Thought we might take a shot at him in the 4th rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes