PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Could the Packers beat the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Can the Packers beat the Pats

• No

Votes: 67 69.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Yes, but only in Green Bay

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • We will find out at Super Bowl 42

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they crack 21 points against us honestly. I like their receivers but they can be shut down long enough to get a lead. Their defense is based on pass rush and I don't see it being better than the Colts pass rush. Favre will make mistakes as we all know. Do you think BB can't confuse Favre? Last season their Oline couldn't handle our guys.

Let's see how they handle the Cowboys first.

I don't think Green Bay could beat us, but they have as good a shot as anyone.

Their defense may be based on the pass rush, but they're not like the Colts defense. They have great corners and LBs and they can play the run straight up.

I think GB could give us a game.

The most sure bet in the NFL is that Favre will have a 3+ INT game that sends the Packers home in January. It is a lock.

Before it even gets to that, he's probably going to have a 3+ int game against Dallas next week which will end any talk of them being a Super Bowl contender.

I wouldn't count on it. He's on pace for the least INTs in his career. He's clearly playing more conservative this year than in the past few where he was throwing up prayers a few times a game. He trusts his defense now and doesn't try to force it too often.

If they're down by a large margin, he might throw up some picks, but when they're in the game I don't think you're going to see him throw any of those ill-advised INTs that we've seen from him so often for the last few years.

I watched them on Thanksgiving and I was actually thinking to myself how much they looked like the Patriots. In the shotgun near the goalline, same kind of "fade" pattern where the receiver just stopped in front of the DB like Moss and caught it.

I think the Packers have the best chance of beating us than anybody in the NFC right now, but I don't think they will beat us if we play them.

I voted "we'll see in Superbowl 42"

I hope we do find out in the Superbowl. I remember that Farve made some sort of prediction in SB31 that the Packers would win 50 to 2. I've hated him ever since. I'd love to blow out that team in a SuperBowl in a big way.

Can you imagine what the final score would be when Belichick doesn't pull the starters in the 4th quarter?

I don't think Green Bay could beat us, but they have as good a shot as anyone.

Their defense may be based on the pass rush, but they're not like the Colts defense. They have great corners and LBs and they can play the run straight up.

I think GB could give us a game.

I didn't say their defense was like the Colts defense. The Pats have played the Colts and they pressured Brady more than I believe the Packers to be able to. I didn't compare the two any further. Frankly the rest of the defense doesn't scare me. I've seen the Packers play five or six times. The Packers still don't crack three TDs against this defense.

Nobody in the NFC can beat the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey