PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Congrats Revs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Winning another trophy at Gillette Stadium. Good Luck in DC at MLS Cup!

I wonder how many people showed up. There was absolutely NO traffic going past the stadium tonight coming home from work. Not like when Brazil played Mexico a couple of months ago.

Not a soccer fan myself, but congrats to the Revs nonetheless. :rocker:

The stadium was only open half way, the other side was roped off. I watched it, and congrats to the revs....great goal by Twellman!

That's awesome!

Here's hoping the Revs can take home the Cup and prevent themselves from being the Buffalo Bills of the MLS.

Hopefully theycan get one more win they can achieve the double of the open and MLS cups this year. One more reason the Boston sports scene rocks

Watching the game I was laughing everytime they showed Chicago's great passing midfielder "Blanco". He had that pissed off look we saw from Peyton Manning before last year. Blanco played well but not well enough as the Rev's defenders had a coup on his every pass. Perhaps Blanco & Manning can do a commercial together ... they both have that "where's that sheep" look to them.:D

Alright! :woohoo:

Who are the Revs, now?

The game last night was great. Twellman's goal was class and Chicago are a very strong side. I've been to several Revs games and they are a really good time, not to mention that we happen to have one of the elite sides in the MLS. This is the 4th time in 6 years the Revs have made the final.

Another notch in the belt for the Kraft family I'd say.

There were rumors on here that the Krafts were looking at buying a Premiership team. This could be really cool for the Revs - they could work a deal like the one the LA Galaxy have with Chelsea.

Alright! :woohoo:

Who are the Revs, now?

Not sure if this is sarcastic but......The New England Revolution. Major League Soccer team. Been to i think 3 MLS cups in 5 years and lost all 3. The last one on penalty kicks (i believe).

Phew, good thing this isn't about the Red Sox or it might be off-topic! ;)

(yes, I'm going to move it soon.)

If a soccer team played at Gillette Stadium and no one watched, did they really win a game?

I have a hard enough time being a fringe Celtics fan to get into a sport where they play for 90 minutes and can potentially end in a 0-0 tie.

Soccer...when will people realize that people in the USA just don't care.

Seriously, if the Revs win it all will you go to a game next year? Be honest.

If a soccer team played at Gillette Stadium and no one watched, did they really win a game?

I have a hard enough time being a fringe Celtics fan to get into a sport where they play for 90 minutes and can potentially end in a 0-0 tie.

The hell do you care if we discuss the Revs. Dont like it, dont watch and dont complain about.

Here's what I don't get about people that complain about soccer. People like Jim Rome bag on it all the time. And then the guy will devote a half hour to Tennis or Golf. Please!! If soccer isn't your thing, that's fine. But if you're going to cover wrestling and tennis and golf and NASCAR, then don't lecture us about soccer.

The hell do you care if we discuss the Revs. Dont like it, dont watch and dont complain about.

I don't and I reserve the right to complain about anything under the sun! :p

I'm not a Revs fan, but I saw the game-winner on ESPN and I must say that was one nice goal. Congrats to the Revs and their fans.

Regards,
Chris

I take it our old boy Stevie Nicol is doing well over there then?

Jeff Larentowicz is the most underrated player in MLS. He breaks up every attack by the opposition and allows Joseph to get all the attention in the middle of the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes