PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ot Congrats Celts

Unless and until they defeat the Fakers, this all means absolutely nothing. Nothing.

I have a bad feeling that Baby Doc, who has already cost his team many, many games during his tenure of malcoaching, is going to eff this up somehow.

And a special (olympics) salute to Chris Wallace, the worst GM in professional sports, and the only man to screw us over twice. First, as our GM during the 2001 draft; and lately, as Memphis GM by literally giving away Pao Gasol to the Fakers for beads and trinkets.

Someone needs to injure Kobe Bryant badly enough so as to render him ineffective for the next 2 weeks - or beyond, that's cool with me, too.
get off the doc bashing for christ sake. they just won the eastern confrence finals and your whining. give me a break:rolleyes::rolleyes: everybody is a coach and knows what they should all be doing but for some reason they are all posting on message boards:rolleyes:

I would absolutely LOVE to see the league grant front row seats to Magic Johnson and Larry Bird side by side in every game in the Finals.

Despite all of the great players these two teams have had over the decades the rivalry of Bird and Magic is #1 of all the great player matchups in NBA History IMO

Screw "My Ass Got Infected, Coach" Johnson. I want to see all of the championship Celtics in the Garden stands, and not one Faker.

The jury,At least IMO is still out on Doc - IMO I still think Doc could screw up a wet dream but at least his teams overall talent and not necessarily his coaching got them to the finals.

Results matter, not juries. They took two on the road against Detroit.

Celtic Pride
Is Back

Last edited:
Whats with the 9PM start in Boston? - I like 8pm better

They cater to the west coast crowd. 8PM in Boston is 5PM on the coast and people are still working or on their way home and on the freeway in LA it could take hours.

Man, to think that this time last year I smashed my wall when that arsewipe opened up the #5 envelope during the NBA lottery. Well, tonight I can't stop screaming about a Celtics Lakers final!!! :woohoo:

A couple of observations. Doc has shortened his bench, and he's coached incredibly well since doing that. It's amazing what playing 8-9 bodies, instead of the whole roster, can do. Also, I hate the 2 - 3 - 2 format. It cheapens the home court advantage for the lead team. The teams that win game 5's win series at an 80% clip. That means a 2-2 split is advantage Lakers, when it should be advantage Celtics. This Pistons series, and the two series prior, are a prime example.

Screw "My Ass Got Infected, Coach" Johnson. I want to see all of the championship Celtics in the Garden stands, and not one Faker.

I bet you were not too old when Bird and Magic were going at it - It was something that we may never see again between two top athletes in an era - Only Doctor J and Bird were equal to a rivalry between two players,at least regarding Celtics history.

I bet you were not too old when Bird and Magic were going at it - It was something that we may never see again between two top athletes in an era - Only Doctor J and Bird were equal to a rivalry between two players,at least regarding Celtics history.

I wish I weren't this old, but during the 80s, I was in my 20s. I remember Celts-Sixers and Celts-Fakers. I used to go to Celts' games in the early/mid-70s because Bruins' games were always sold out. Then I was able to attend Bs' games in the 80s because Cs' games were always sold out. And I've despised the Fakers' organization for almost 30 years, from Tragic Johnson and Kareem-Abdul JaBlunt and Slick Riley, to KobMe, Myself and I Bryant, and Overrated Gravy-Trainer Phil Jackson, and Chris Wallace. I also remember that the Celts have lost to the Fakers the last 2 Championship series, and it would kill me to see them lose 3 in a row. So eff the Fakers. Eff them all. Give not one seat to any of them at the Garden. Eff them.

Thats what I thought it'd be, but they are spreading them out a little bit more it looks like:

Thursday, June 5 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
Sunday, June 8 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
Tuesday, June 10 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
Thursday, June 12 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
#Sunday, June 15 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
#Tuesday, June 17 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
#Thursday, June 19 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3418220

Thursday (work Friday), Sunday (work Monday), Tuesday (work Wednesday)...Killer. No Friday or Saturday night games at all, but I still wouldn't miss it for anything:) And for those who don't live or work in Boston, picture the Emerald City and you'll get a visual of what it's like around here.:D

I wish I weren't this old, but during the 80s, I was in my 20s. I remember Celts-Sixers and Celts-Fakers. I used to go to Celts' games in the early/mid-70s because Bruins' games were always sold out. Then I was able to attend Bs' games in the 80s because Cs' games were always sold out. And I've despised the Fakers' organization for almost 30 years, from Tragic Johnson and Kareem-Abdul JaBlunt and Slick Riley, to KobMe, Myself and I Bryant, and Overrated Gravy-Trainer Phil Jackson, and Chris Wallace. I also remember that the Celts have lost to the Fakers the last 2 Championship series, and it would kill me to see them lose 3 in a row. So eff the Fakers. Eff them all. Give not one seat to any of them at the Garden. Eff them.[/QUOTE]

LOL ;) Did you catch any of Sportscenter yesterday? The moderator who does Outside The Lines was interviewing JA Adande and our very own Dan Shaunessey (?)... JA was going on and on and on with that smug little smile of his about how many celebs would be attending the games, as if that made LA one up on the Celts. Then Dan made a comment about The Big Three, to which the OTL moderator grinned and replied " Yeah,they have a lot of cameras there too". Unbelievable. Four of us then simultaneously muttered "JERK".
Who cares how many celebs show up. It's basketball not the Oscars,and in the end the only people who count are the ones pounding the parquet.

I don't watch the 4-letter network as it is, except for boxing, horse racing, and the occaisional glimpse at FESPNN; but I swear if the Fakers win, I will be down to just the boxing and horse racing.

It's said that bad things, as well as good things, come in 3s. First the AFCC; second the SB; third...this?

you forgot one. russel and chamberlin.

Russell v. Chamberlain: probably the best one-on-one matchup in NA team sports history.

That Bill Russell, the greatest winner in NA team sports, if not all of sports, wasn't at the top of FESPN's top-50 is a travesty, a joke and a disgrace.

Last edited:
Russell v. Chamberlain: probably the best one-on-one matchup in NA team sports history.

That Bill Russell, the greatest winner in NA team sports, if not all of sports, wasn't at the top of FESPN's top-50 is a travesty, a joke and a disgrace.

I've always felt we lose respect of the great players from the past way too fast. How often does anyone ever talk about Havlicek? He was an incredible player, not sure if he would even be mentioned as third team All NBA. Russell was a athletic freak. Too bad they didn't count blocked shots when he played. Even Red gave the nod to Bird over Russell. Some people would even say Russell wouldn't be a dominant player in today's game, LMAO. "How would you do against Lew Alcindor", was asked of him as he had just retired. Gee, I don't know, but the Red head gave him headaches and he was no Russell. Here's a scary fact, Russell was a far superior defensive player then Kevin Garnett, and thats not taking anything away from Garnett.

So yeah, I'm going to stop making NBA predictions. And Doc Rivers is a better coach than Flip Saunders.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back