PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ot Congrats Celts

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I know wrong forum, but can we give a shout out to the Celts...

I am so freakin' happy. I need to look for game and flight tickets now.

no one looks in the celts forum so i think it's good to post it here. good for them. these late games are killing my sleep tho

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is amazing. A year ago I was waiting for the "future" to step up and start winning us some games. Man if you were to tell me the Celts would be in the NBA finals a year later.......just wow.

Its wild to see Pierce so excited and happy to finally reach this point. He stuck with the team through some real crappy years and its great to see him reach the finals at last. It was long over due.

No words to express it right now.

Give the most influential person of this organization credit where credit is due to get this team formed into where it is now...and thats Danny Ainge..

Thanks Danny great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celtics Lakers, how cool is that?

Congrats to all the players for their road toughness and props to Danny Ainge and Doc!

Forever Young

redplayer.jpg

It's amazing. I love this Celtics team, even if they almost give me a heart attack every single game :p

I've been in such a down mood since the Pats lost the SB, so this does take a little sting out of the wound.

Celtics Lakers, how cool is that?

Congrats to all the players for their road toughness and props to Danny Ainge and Doc!

Forever Young

redplayer.jpg

The jury,At least IMO is still out on Doc - IMO I still think Doc could screw up a wet dream but at least his teams overall talent and not necessarily his coaching got them to the finals.

It's simple to figure the 3 Words that are key to winning this championship and beating LA.....

CONTROL KOBE BRYANT!!!

They do that and its #17 - (Easier said then done of course)

Does anybody have a schedule for the Finals yet?

Looks like Bill Belichick has a date next Thursday and Saturday nights. Wonder what he said to the team the other day. Whatever he said, they are 2-0 since.

Lakers-Celtics, just like old times. BEAT LA!

John Henry, Bob Kraft, Wyc Grousbeck. Why can't the Bruins now get a top flight owner instead of the cheapskate Sabres fan they have now?

Bob G

Thursday at 8PM in Boston then probably every other night after that

Thats what I thought it'd be, but they are spreading them out a little bit more it looks like:

Thursday, June 5 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
Sunday, June 8 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
Tuesday, June 10 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
Thursday, June 12 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
#Sunday, June 15 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
#Tuesday, June 17 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
#Thursday, June 19 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3418220

I would absolutely LOVE to see the league grant front row seats to Magic Johnson and Larry Bird side by side in every game in the Finals.

Despite all of the great players these two teams have had over the decades the rivalry of Bird and Magic is #1 of all the great player matchups in NBA History IMO

Last edited:
Thats what I thought it'd be, but they are spreading them out a little bit more it looks like:

Thursday, June 5 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
Sunday, June 8 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
Tuesday, June 10 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
Thursday, June 12 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
#Sunday, June 15 (9 p.m. ET) Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers abc
#Tuesday, June 17 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics abc
#Thursday, June 19 (9 p.m. ET) L.A. Lakers at Boston Celtics

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3418220

Whats with the 9PM start in Boston? - I like 8pm better

Wow this thread got moved. I have seen many more lame OT threads stay on the MB but when the Sox or Celts get to the WS or finals or win them IT HAS TO BE MOVED.

Best looking jersey thread is apparently more important than the Celtics getting back to the finals for the first time in more than 20 years.

[/rant]

Last edited:
Give the most influential person of this organization credit where credit is due to get this team formed into where it is now...and thats Danny Ainge..

Thanks Danny great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rocker::rocker:i second that.

Unless and until they defeat the Fakers, this all means absolutely nothing. Nothing.

I have a bad feeling that Baby Doc, who has already cost his team many, many games during his tenure of malcoaching, is going to eff this up somehow.

And a special (olympics) salute to Chris Wallace, the worst GM in professional sports, and the only man to screw us over twice. First, as our GM during the 2001 draft; and lately, as Memphis GM by literally giving away Pao Gasol to the Fakers for beads and trinkets.

Someone needs to injure Kobe Bryant badly enough so as to render him ineffective for the next 2 weeks - or beyond, that's cool with me, too.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back