PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts vs. Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well wow, that was..... a game.

There was some weird calls in the game but everyone was done by the letter, it looked like the refs were calling it strict and the more disciplined team (The colts) adjusted to it, while the texans did not.

I am not sure I like the cardiac nature of the Colts but they got the W again.

Last edited:
Totally agree - Is there any team in the NFL who benefits more from the long PI call. I swear it is a set play - just have the receiver run a post near the sidelines and Manning just chucks the ball. It is an 80% chance that the ref will throw the flag. Am I wrong? The NFL refs have no gonads. When they see Manning throw the ball deep to a covered Colt receiver, their brain cannot make them say incomplete. The long PI call is a game breaker - it not only puts a struggling team in great field position but it demoralizes the defense and makes them wonder what they have to do overcome the incompetency and the corruption.

It is so blatenly obvious - yeeeesshhhh

I really feel sad for you. It must be real heard to live thinking everyone is out to get you. Or out to get everyone else.

Sad Sad day.

Well wow, that was..... a game.

There was some wierd calls in the game but everyone was done by the letter, it looked like the refs were calling it strict and the more disciplined team (The colts) adjusted to it, while the texans did not.

I am not sure I like the cardiac nature of the Colts but they got the W again.

I agree. The Colts played like a team confident that even if PM threw a couple of INTS, again, the refs would be there to bail them out in the end. It's a confidence that comes form years of experience with it happening.

I went to the yahoo report of the Indy game and the article said, "In what is becoming a theme," another Indy drive was helped by a long PI call...

I agree. The Colts played like a team confident that even if PM threw a couple of INTS, again, the refs would be there to bail them out in the end. It's a confidence that comes form years of experience with it happening.

So so sad.

I really feel sad for you. It must be real heard to live thinking everyone is out to get you. Or out to get everyone else.

Sad Sad day.

Very thoughtful and imaginative quote - Still don't like to talk about that Polamalu thing, eh? Oh, love your pic...it's soooo you.

The "penalty of the week" next week will be holding with Vince Young scrambling for 1st downs. :)

Wow man. it is just amazing to think that the NFL would engage in this.

Every NFL fan thinks the NFL is protecting Tommy Boy Brady, the only people who think the NFL is protecting Peyton are Pats fans. Just amazing.

PI Calls happen, they happen alot of Deep pass plays, when the Colts are down, shockingly enough, they throw deep pass plays.

Just amazing the Bias that is here.

I understand I am on a Pats message board, I am just shocked by the level of Bias here, by some.

Wow man. it is just amazing to think that the NFL would engage in this.

Every NFL fan thinks the NFL is protecting Tommy Boy Brady, the only people who think the NFL is protecting Peyton are Pats fans. Just amazing.

PI Calls happen, they happen alot of Deep pass plays, when the Colts are down, shockingly enough, they throw deep pass plays.

Just amazing the Bias that is here.

I understand I am on a Pats message board, I am just shocked by the level of Bias here, by some.

Did you just become a Colts fan? In previous years, after every Pats win the Colt fans would be crying a river about the lack of PI calls on the Pats DBs. Polian had enough loosing and used his position on the Rules Committee to have the rules "adjusted". PM has been reaping the rewards since then.

Apparently the Texans REALLY hate winning. :(

I'm a lifelong Colts fans and I have a lot of respect for New England. Our two teams have been far and away the best teams of the decade, and it wouldn't be fun without a certain level of hate between the two sides.

When you guys owned us (most) Colts fans realized we were losing because your defense had a terrific game plan against Peyton, and our defense had no chance against the diverse attack Bill and Brady had.

Whenever we beat you guys there's always an external excuse, you even use them for games where you aren't playing, like today. There was one bad PI call today, but do you really think the Colts don't win the game without that? The whole second half the D dominated and Peyton moved down the field with ease. The other PI calls were blatant.

If the Colts and Pats meet again in the playoffs it will be another hotly contested game. If the Pats win I'm sure it will be because we couldn't contain the running game, force turnovers or contain Randy Moss. On the other side of the ball you guys probably would have taken away Clark with your athletic secondary and held Addai to around 3YPC. But if we beat you guys I'm sure you'll point to a couple penalties you made and say you got screwed. Maybe you'll even bring back the bull**** crowd noise complaints.

Where are all these Colts fans coming from? We haven't won a SB in 5 years, and they're still obsessed with us? You should be celebrating that your team is 11-0, not worrying about what an opposing team is saying about your streak of luck and bad officiating in your favor.

Can you tell us how that feels? To come so close then blow it when it matters most?

Just incase we do win out... which we will.

You'll probably find out soon enough.

Where are all these Colts fans coming from? We haven't won a SB in 5 years, and they're still obsessed with us? You should be celebrating that your team is 11-0, not worrying about what an opposing team is saying about your streak of luck and bad officiating in your favor.

No kidding- since 2006 the Colts are better than the Pats in pretty much every conceivable way. We're the team of the decade, though, so I guess they're all hung up about that? I dunno...

I'm a lifelong Colts fans and I have a lot of respect for New England. Our two teams have been far and away the best teams of the decade, and it wouldn't be fun without a certain level of hate between the two sides.

When you guys owned us (most) Colts fans realized we were losing because your defense had a terrific game plan against Peyton, and our defense had no chance against the diverse attack Bill and Brady had.

Whenever we beat you guys there's always an external excuse, you even use them for games where you aren't playing, like today. There was one bad PI call today, but do you really think the Colts don't win the game without that? The whole second half the D dominated and Peyton moved down the field with ease. The other PI calls were blatant.

If the Colts and Pats meet again in the playoffs it will be another hotly contested game. If the Pats win I'm sure it will be because we couldn't contain the running game, force turnovers or contain Randy Moss. On the other side of the ball you guys probably would have taken away Clark with your athletic secondary and held Addai to around 3YPC. But if we beat you guys I'm sure you'll point to a couple penalties you made and say you got screwed. Maybe you'll even bring back the bull**** crowd noise complaints.

It's one thing to get a bad call at some random point early in the game when your team still has time to overcome it. It's wholly another matter when your opponent gets a 31 yd phantom PI call with less than 5 minutes left while driving to get within 6, then gets the advantage of a bad spot with less than 2 minutes to go to give them the ball back.

How about the 2006 AFCCG with so many PI calls in your favor and one in particular that put your guys on the goal line. Then when our WR gets hammered in the endzone its a no call.

I mean seriously... seriously.

The refs even did their best in the 2005 game with Pittsburgh.

Imho, as an NFL fan, I'd hate to have my teams accomplishments tainted by such bad officiating.

It's one thing to get a bad call at some random point early in the game when your team still has time to overcome it. It's wholly another matter when your opponent gets a 31 yd phantom PI call with less than 5 minutes left while driving to get within 6, then gets the advantage of a bad spot with less than 2 minutes to go to give them the ball back.

How about the 2006 AFCCG with so many PI calls in your favor and one in particular that put your guys on the goal line. Then when our WR gets hammered in the endzone its a no call.

I mean seriously... seriously.

The refs even did their best in the 2005 game with Pittsburgh.

Imho, as an NFL fan, I'd hate to have my teams accomplishments tainted by such bad officiating.

it's not tainted. We, the colts organization didn't do anything.

Blah Blah Blah Polian on the competition committee Blah Blah Blah

There are so many GM's and coaches on there that the argument above really is nothing more then Blah Blah Blah.

There are blown calls every week. You can find them. You guys worry about the Colts calls because they are a rival, we worry about the kid gloves for Brady as we are a rival. (That is not a shot, it is just used as an example)

The big PI call on Pierre was a BS call, but what can the team do about that?

I remember a game 2 year ago (I think) Where we played Green Bay and Tim Jennings was getting called for PI for just simply looking at the Wide Receiver.

Last edited:
The PI call was iffy, yes, but don't you think the colts would have scored regardless? colts went up 35-20, and pretty much lightened up on D and allowed a garbage time TD.

every game there are iffy calls, stop blowing this one out of proportion.

Wonder why we didn't get a safety on Schaub's throw to no one out of the end zone??

I liked the HIT Addai took, and the subsequent hurry up long gainer to Collie on the next play. Texans were celebrating while the Colts lined up and snapped another play. Classic. PI call was not the best call of the day, but Houston had plenty of opportunities to rebound. Just like the Colts rebounding last week after having fumbles on the field reversed by marginal evidence....they forgot about those calls and moved forward and made plays when they had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back