PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of hype being put out there about Luck and the Colts, but I gotta agree with patsylicious that they ain't doing a whole lot this year. It's still the pre-season and although the Colts seem to be going all out to win here, they aren't facing the same sorts of defensive schemes they'll be seeing when the games count.

I'm gonna be VERY interested in seeing what sorts of nightmares Bill will be crafting to present to the young Colts Padawan. :cool:

You look at Luck as he is ,right now, and Mark Sanchez...I don't know about you, but I'M taking Luck 1,000,000 times out of 1,000,000.If ,by chance, Luck starts off winning and keeps having big games passing, there won't be any additional external pressure on Brady...or Rothlisberger,or Rodgers, or Brees or even a Cam Newton...but you can bet the house there WILL be in NY...that press with make Sanchez's life unbearable by comparison.

You look at Luck as he is ,right now, and Mark Sanchez...I don't know about you, but I'M taking Luck 1,000,000 times out of 1,000,000.If ,by chance, Luck starts off winning and keeps having big games passing, there won't be any additional external pressure on Brady...or Rothlisberger,or Rodgers, or Brees or even a Cam Newton...but you can bet the house there WILL be in NY...that press with make Sanchez's life unbearable by comparison.

If I were starting a team right now I'd take Luck over Rottenburger

damn wish they would have pulled that off, and replaced the mississippi relay,lol

The 2008 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason
some of you guys take these games WAAAAAAYYYYYY too seriously

The Colts will probably be about a 6-10 team this season.....Andy Luck I do believe even before preseason is destined to become a star in this league...RG III will be a journeyman within 5 years

Last edited:
Would you take Luck over Brady? Of course. Starting a team with a stud kid with infinite upside is a no brainer.

Great game. Held my attention to the end. Not often that happens this time of year.

If I was starting a team right now, I'd take Luck over just about anyone in the NFL except maybe Rodgers.

Last edited:
The 2008 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in preseason
some of you guys take these games WAAAAAAYYYYYY too seriously

The Colts will probably be about a 6-10 team this season.....Andy Luck I do believe even before preseason is destined to become a star in this league...RG III will be a journeyman within 5 years

You're being hard on RG3. He's like Vick with throwing accuracy and a brain. I don't know if that skillset translates to the NFL since I don't have a crystal ball, but it's just not fair when people act like he's going to turn into JaMarcus Russell. Even I thought Cam Newton would be a huge bust because he was the #1 based on "Wow physical freak oh my god!" but I was obviously wrong.

RG3 could bust, he could be GOAT, or he could just become the next Jeff Garcia (always a starter but the team's always looking to upgrade over him). I just think it's unfair to be anything but optimistic about him since he's done nothing wrong.

You're being hard on RG3. He's like Vick with throwing accuracy and a brain. I don't know if that skillset translates to the NFL since I don't have a crystal ball, but it's just not fair when people act like he's going to turn into JaMarcus Russell. Even I thought Cam Newton would be a huge bust because he was the #1 based on "Wow physical freak oh my god!" but I was obviously wrong.

RG3 could bust, he could be GOAT, or he could just become the next Jeff Garcia (always a starter but the team's always looking to upgrade over him). I just think it's unfair to be anything but optimistic about him since he's done nothing wrong.

Garcia is harder to get rid of than Favre.

I feel bad for Collie. I think he is a pretty talented receiver but damn has he taken some nasty blows. His last hit didn't look so bad but i'm guessing he can't take any contact at all.

I feel bad for Collie. I think he is a pretty talented receiver but damn has he taken some nasty blows. His last hit didn't look so bad but i'm guessing he can't take any contact at all.

yeah...I heard that's what happened to Lassie, too...sad..especially since it turned little Timmy into a drunken bum later on in life....

timmy-and-lassie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back