PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts lure Kerry Collins out of retirement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, from that long and adolescent post which IndyColtsFan posted, i can only deduce one thing.

Someone struck a nerve. :D

The Colts will be running the ball quite a bit more now that Manning is out. Look for Joseph Addai and Donald Brown to get plenty of work. Kerry Collins is a good pick up because he knows how to spread the ball around, but you do worry about him having problems developing some timing with the receivers in such a short period of time.

The Colts will be running the ball quite a bit more now that Manning is out. Look for Joseph Addai and Donald Brown to get plenty of work. Kerry Collins is a good pick up because he knows how to spread the ball around, but you do worry about him having problems developing some timing with the receivers in such a short period of time.

Absolutely agree.

My concerns for Collins are the same that the Colts fans should have:

1.)What kind of shape is he in, conditioning wise? We all know he's tough and he's likely been still working out, but but the game is played fast and hard, and he's going to be in there for every offensive snap.

2.) He's a gamer. He wouldn't have come back if he didn't like the game. He won't lose the game for you, but the question is whether he can win it. He will definitely be needing time to get up to speed with the receivers and their riming patterns. he will also need to get used to the playbook, as in the language and terminology. It will also be helpful if he can find out what THEIR favorite plays/routes are and start working on those right away.

3.) Running the ball. The Colts are going to be learning an awful lot about their running game, and the O-line's abilities in the first quarter of the season.

4.) More important: Just how serious is Manning's injury and how long is his predicted recovery time? Was there a set-back? Who knows?

Maybe all of this is some big ruse by Irsay and Polian. Maybe Manning WILL be able to go on day 1, and Collins IS there for the back-up role because Painter certainly isn't the answer there yet. I don't buy that and, apparently, neither does Indy's fan base.

We'll see how this all plays out, that's for sure. In the meantime, the week leading up to opening day for the Colts is going to be awash in speculation, whiskey and antacid sales. :cool:

Is it possible that the Colts have brought Collins in to be insurance to Painter? Apologies if this has already been brought up, this is the first that I've ventured into this thread.

I know Painter's not the ideal backup, but maybe he's more familiar with the system and players, enough so that he's a better alternative than Collins is - and then Collins gets thrown in there if/when Painter fails miserably.

OT: Colts lure Kerry Collins out of retirement...
Curtis+Painter+San+Francisco+49ers+v+Indianapolis+rR1GujaKw7Nl.jpg

why didn't they try to "lure" the little gunslinger???

favrescruff.jpg

Originally Posted by Le Numéro Douze
..., nowadays, ....

?huh? - only recently??

:rofl: Oh man, that's precious!

Kravitz Foresight, in May:

Kravitz Hindsight, in August:

Yeah, we all make mistakes, but we don't have the chutzpah to say "I told you so" when we're proven wrong!
The most HILARIOUS part of the entire article is this:
Playing with the first-team offense (minus Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie and Anthony Gonzalez), he produced next-to-nothing.

So a marginal backup QB gets berated by this guy for playing poorly when he doesn't have their elite WR and a couple other skill guys but when Peyton had that same elite WR last year minus a few of the other pieces everyone stumbled all over themselves to make excuses for his poor play and laud him for making do with "nothing". Silly media & fanboi hypocrisy.

Is it possible that the Colts have brought Collins in to be insurance to Painter? Apologies if this has already been brought up, this is the first that I've ventured into this thread.

I know Painter's not the ideal backup, but maybe he's more familiar with the system and players, enough so that he's a better alternative than Collins is - and then Collins gets thrown in there if/when Painter fails miserably.

Nah...turns out Polian had been working the phones for a week trying to coax Collins out of retirement, and his fallbacks were Delhomme and Bulger... And just to underscore what a figurehead whatshisname the Dungy replacement is (not to mention his own kid the GM in name only), El Presidente has already announced that Collins will be the week 1 starter if just Paymeanotherton can't achieve nerve regeneration in time to...whether Reggie Wayne approves the move or not...

Packers at Colts on at 8 tonight on CBS. If anyone was interested to see how the Kerry Collins colts do against the starting packers defense. :D

We don't care about the Colts anymore, there are bigger and better teams to worry about.

...which is CLEARLY evident by the fact that there are two topics on the front page about the Colts/Manning...:D

Packers at Colts on at 8 tonight on CBS. If anyone was interested to see how the Kerry Collins colts do against the starting packers defense. :D

I cannot imagine them starting Collins against the Pack 72 hours after luring him off his couch and signing him to a $4M contract... I know he will need to knock more rust off than most, but sheesh...

...which is CLEARLY evident by the fact that there are two topics on the front page about the Colts/Manning...:D

Compared to the usual half dozen or more JETS threads?? LOL

This whole Manning debaucle is just too much of a general interest thing for there not to be some discussion on most AFC boards....

We have one thread that hasn't been commented on yet today and another one that Colts fans like yourself keep bumping back up to the top.

Either way, the Kerry Collins panic-signing is a story around the league, because it's a legitimate fiasco. A spectacle of mismanagement from the top level all the way down, if you will. Of course we're going to talk about it. Find a couple NFL boards where this isn't being talked about about you might almost have a point.

Last edited:
it is clearly evident that RedHJedi is.....

pwned_PWNED-s268x450-77267-580.jpg

I want "neckbolts" Manning 100% healthy by December so if and when we deliver a proper 4+ touchdown margin beatdown of those guys, he will be at the helm. I want the Manning face web site will get a dozen new entries.

Speaking of neckbolts, someone with more photoshop skill than me should work on combining these:

images

1291964522_peyton.jpg

Colts lure Kerry Collins out of retirement

Looks like the Colts still have a statistically better quarterback than our other rival, the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back