PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-Colts fire Polian...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Polian was fired, but no word on the coaching staff... If they keep Caldwell, then all is good :D

Nope. That number one pick gives the new regime a chance to start anew with a new face of the franchise. If anything, Polian's firing, in my opinion, makes releasing/trading Manning a bigger possibility for the Colts.

Whether the Pats should trade or keep the Luck pick depends a lot on an objective analysis of the Colts' current talent.

Firing the Polians increases the chance the analysis will be done reasonably well. But of course there will now be a bias in the let's-change-everything direction ...

Pats 3 SB's.

Steelers 2 SB's

All the rest are all the rest.

I said it then and I'll say it again, the Colts were a house of cards built on a very thin foundation. Manning was/is an amazing QB, but one cannot build a franchise on ONE player.

The Pats didn't make the playoffs in 2008, but they never embarrassed themselves like Polian did when their star QB went down.

So to point out.... You have nothing that runs counter to the point I'd been making, yet you've been stalking and trolling me with that nonsense for some time.

Thanks for making it clear.

I find it interesting that Polian was fired, but no word on the coaching staff... If they keep Caldwell, then all is good :D

Maybe they can promote him to GM? :D

Assuming this is true, it probably buys Caldwell a few days or weeks until the new GM cleans house and brings in his own folks.

Dolphins making changes for an owner who seems star struck

Jets imploding right in front of our eyes

Polians hitting the unemployment line while the Colts are in decline

Buffalo still doesn't have a defense

Pretty darned good way to end 2011/start 2012

It's like the Sullivans are running all the teams in the division except the Patriots. Chuck, Patrick, even Haywood!

Not to look ahead for obvious reasons, but could this increase the chances of Reggie Wayne coming to New England next year?

Bahahahahahahaha! Rot in ****, Polian.

Signing the contract that gave Peyton Manning a bonus three days before free agency has to be a factor in releasing the GM. Ridiculous.

Lets just be honest with out Peyton and with out Tom.. both the Pats and the Colts would be swimming with the rest of the league in mediocrity. They have HOF quarter backs and its easy in todays league to win if you have a HOF quarter back. I think the pats have been better though, if you consider when Brady went down they were still a border line play off team. 11-5 as opposed to 2-14.

While I agree with the general notion regarding Brady/Manning, I do want to harp on a pet peeve of mine:

The Patriots were coming off an undefeated regular season and were going from a difficult schedule to an easy one. They were also replacing Brady with a quarterback who was much better than Curtis Painter.

The Colts, while still a solid and dangerous team, were a team in decline, having fallen from 14 wins to 10 wins over the previous two seasons even with Manning at the helm. The 10 win season had been the worst for the Colts since 2002. So, a team that was in (at least a temporary) decline was replacing an elite QB with a guy who probably doesn't belong in the NFL.

I just see the two situations as too disparate to compare fairly.

Last edited:
Eh, the Patriots have no control over what other teams do or don't do.

Well, I don't know about that, altogether (Curtis Martin's departure comes to mind immediately). It's always a battle in the off-season; I'd like nothing more than to see someone out-bid the Jest while dismantling their only hope: defense.
:D

Just enjoy the chaos while it's happening.
Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing!

I wonder what kind of NFL front office job Polian will have in the next few days?

After all , Indianapolis turned out to be the Waterloo for Napolian.
Calling Couch Cowher.
The Jaw and the Neck will make a fearsome duo.

For everybody who complains about the Pats' drafts, be glad you're not a Colts fan. The last above-average 1st round pick who is still with the team was picked in 2003.

I wonder what kind of NFL front office job Polian will have in the next few days?

I would not be surprised if he takes over another franchise. However, he is 68 so not sure how much fire he has left in the belly.

Polian's fired by Colts?

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I didn't see a thread out there.

I just saw on the espn ticker that Bill and Chris Polian will not be back in Indy next year.....
:eek:

edit: Sorry, now I see the thread.......

Last edited:
For everybody who complains about the Pats' drafts, be glad you're not a Colts fan. The last above-average 1st round pick who is still with the team was picked in 2003.
Agreed! :)

While I agree with the general notion regarding Brady/Manning, I do want to harp on a pet peeve of mine:

The Patriots were coming off an undefeated regular season and were going from a difficult schedule to an easy one. They were also replacing Brady with a quarterback who was much better than Curtis Painter.

The Colts, while still a solid and dangerous team, were a team in decline, having fallen from 14 wins to 10 wins over the previous two seasons even with Manning at the helm. The 10 win season had been the worst for the Colts since 2002. So, a team that was in (at least a temporary) decline was replacing an elite QB with a guy who probably doesn't belong in the NFL.

I just see the two situations as too disparate to compare fairly.

Your post just makes the argument that one team is a balanced franchise that took out insurance policies on it's star (Cassel/Hoyer/Mallet) while the other was run by someone with a lottery ticket mentality.

It's called franchise-building, not roulette.

Last edited:
Re: Polian's fired by Colts?

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I didn't see a thread out there.

I just saw on the espn ticker that Bill and Chris Polian will not be back in Indy next year.....
:eek:

edit: Sorry, now I see the thread.......
Couldn't be the thread titled "OT-Colts fire Polian..." lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye