OT: Colts Bob Sanders done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Sounds like it's from complications from his biceps surgery.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/report-colts-bob-sanders-may-never-be-able-to-play-again/1

At the risk of being a huge douchebag YAYYYYYYY!

He's over-rated and not having to listen to the nonstop Bob Sanders ballwashing will be greatly welcomed by me.

On the other hand, it's sad that his career ends on something beyond his control.

That would be too bad.

I had hoped the Pats would draft him when he came out.

The guy was Rodney with a small frame. He had the head and heart, but not the build.

Hate the Colts, but it's still a loss to those that love the game.

Huge competitor and I wish well.

If hadn't always jumped up and started flexing whenever he made a tackle, maybe his biceps would be OK.

Always enjoyed watching him play ... when it wasn't against us ... he was special.

Just looked it up on nfl.com. Sanders Regular Season GP in his career:
04 -- 6
05 -- 14
06 -- 4
07 -- 15
08 -- 6
09 -- 2

i don't think the colts were counting on bob sanders anymore anyway.

with that said, his returning from injury in 06' turned that team around including a certain AFCCG where the visiting team got hosed.

At the risk of being a huge douchebag YAYYYYYYY!

He's over-rated and not having to listen to the nonstop Bob Sanders ballwashing will be greatly welcomed by me.

On the other hand, it's sad that his career ends on something beyond his control.

i dont think he is over-rated at all. The colts D is not that same when he is out of the line-up...i am a big Bob Sanders fan, even if he plays for the colts

When he's healthy for a full season, or at least near it, he almost single handedly changes their defense. I'd feel bad for Sanders himself, but I wouldn't lose sleep if the Pats never had to account for him again.

Good player and great heart.

I always wondered why the Pats didnt draft him. Maybe chronic injuries?

When he's healthy for a full season, or at least near it, he almost single handedly changes their defense. I'd feel bad for Sanders himself, but I wouldn't lose sleep if the Pats never had to account for him again.

Same here. Guy was not only a great player when healthy, but a good guy in the community. You can't ask for more than that. As a Pats fan, I'm of two minds. I hate to see anyone's career end because of an injury, and I always want to see us play the opponents very best players. That's the very essence of competition. You want to win, but deep down inside, it always seems a bit hollow when the best players for your opponent get sidelined because of an injury.

Still I have to admit that it makes planning against the Colts easier if you don't have to account for Sanders.

Sigh.......

Most everyone in this thread has already said how I feel, but it's still worth commenting on. He's one of those rare guys who though he plays for a rival and plays at a high level, I still want to see him out there on the field. Even though his being able to play makes the Colts better, I still want his career to continue.

He's played in 8 games in the last 2 years: the Colts are probably moving forward assuming his absence either way.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that he may not be able to play again but he is one of those guys that you love to hate because he was so good when he was healthy...but him being gone can only help the Patriots if Indy weren't smart and planned for his departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes