PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts believe THEY may have the best TE out of this draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are more than just this article about the kid but I am not going to post 20 articles in one thread to make my point...this was just an example of excitement over a new TE on their team just like there is excitement over our new TEs,there is good reason to believe that both teams will be better in 2010 with thier new receivers/blockers but one team may luck out,we shall see.

So you really think one of the best front offices in football thinks a kid who played half the year at Oline last year and has caught four balls is the best tight end in the draft?

Brody Eldridge caught 13 passes for 98 yards in four years at the University of Oklahoma.

Four (4) catches in preseason.

Is Polian taking psychedelics or something?

Last edited:
Colts are loaded at TE, apparently. They have at least three tight ends better than the best tight end in the draft.

Didn't see much of rookie TE Brody Eldridge with two catches for 12 yards, but I like what I've seen of him so far...He's in the crowd at TE and you have to wonder how it will sort out. I don't know if the Colts would carry four TEs, perhaps so.

IndyStar.com | Bounce It Off Phil B. | The Indianapolis Star

So you really think one of the best front offices in football thinks a kid who played half the year at Oline last year and has caught four balls is the best tight end in the draft?

Four (4) catches in preseason.

Is Polian taking psychedelics or something?

Polian is the BEST at picking gems out of the draft and when a kid shows some spark,even in a preseason game you really must consider its possibly another of his master picks and does potentially make for another weapon in Peyton's offense.

None..including the New England Patriots have done better with draft picks the past decade than Polian...even the homiest of homers would agree.

Gronkowski or Hernandez indeed might be the best TEs of this draft...even Gresham may be but theres no guarantee on any of them..excitement aside of the preseason

Polian, for all his ills, is probably the best talent evaluator in the league. He knows his system inside out, he knows what works, what doesn't work, and their scouting department is outstanding.

I have the greatest respect for the Colts and their drafting talents. I did a lot of work pre-draft studying certain Franchises and their drafting abilities and nuances, and the Colts were pretty spectacular.

Imagine if this kid turns out to be another of Polian's superstar draft picks out of nowhere....If he does prove to be a top blocker Peyton will have a 6th offensive lineman to give him even more time and if he turns out to be a bonafide receiver imagine the 2 TE set of Dallas Clark and Eldridge on the field at the same time..if he does both well the Colts will be one tough S.O.B. to stop on offense

untill the playoffs

He won't see the field with their WR depth and with Clark and Jacob Tamme there, i doubt he does anything

Tamme was his drafts version of Hernandez btw, he's more of a WR than TE

Last edited:
the guy has the potential to be another crumpler. he lacks the mobility to get open. he caught 13 balls his entire college career.

if he turns into something, I would credit the coaches more than polian

He won't see the field with their WR depth and with Clark and Jacob Tamme there, i doubt he does anything

Tamme was his drafts version of Hernandez btw, he's more of a WR than TE

He really made a mark ;) 6 catches for 47 yards in 2 years! I don't see him as much of a threat!

The Colts seem to do a good job with late round picks and UDFAs, but have they really done better than the Pats and other teams since the late 90s, when Polian took over? (I'm referring to the draft overall as well as the later picks.)

Are there any good sources that analyze this?

(I assume they do relatively well, since they're a very good team year after year, but clearly a good part of that is Manning, and I don't know if they're better than the Pats, Steelers, Chargers and other yeams that seem to be in the mix most years.)

The Colts seem to do a good job with late round picks and UDFAs, but have they really done better than the Pats and other teams since the late 90s, when Polian took over? (I'm referring to the draft overall as well as the later picks.)

Are there any good sources that analyze this?

(I assume they do relatively well, since they're a very good team year after year, but clearly a good part of that is Manning, and I don't know if they're better than the Pats, Steelers, Chargers and other yeams that seem to be in the mix most years.)

Colts draft history

Patriots draft history

The Colts have shown in the past they know how to draft and how to uncover value, so I guess this latest news shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Yep, theyve done a great job mining talent. You have to give the that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes