PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts and Titans Had "Agreement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
well isnt jeff fisher and bill polian both high ranking members on the competition committee ? I wouldnt be surprised if they made personal favors for each other and this time the colts owed the titans a favor. I feel sorry for the cleveland browns and their fans in all of this. they must feel pretty screwed over knowing this now

personal favors like taking out rodney's knee's ?

I honestly don't see the big deal, if the Pats were in that position we'd all be saying that it was a meaningless game (for the Pats) and that we were resting starters...let's not forget, unlike us, the Colts have no emotional attachment to Romeo.

The difference is the Pats wouldn't do this b/c BB doesn't give a shyt about making friends with people and wouldn't extend the courtesy of letting another team know they weren't going to try in the closing minutes.

I agree that there is some status quo to it in the sense of, sure, these things happen, maybe it's not a big deal, but the same applies to Spygate, and look how that snowballed.

Personally, this is a bigger deal. For all the integrity of the game crap we heard about spygate, the biggest factor in the integrity of the game is two teams showing up and trying to beat one another - if you don't have that, the game isn't worth playing. And to a certain extent, you do lose that at the end of the season (resting players, getting draft position, etc.) - but for two teams to acknowledge it and make an "agreement" most definitely crosses the line.

Last edited:
let's not forget, unlike us, the Colts have no emotional attachment to Romeo.
I have no attachment to Romeo - he's one of 31 enemy HC now. But it's still wrong for a team to totally lay down and choose one team over another for the playoffs. Legally it may not be wrong but it doesn't pass the sniff test for what's right for the league.

personal favors like taking out rodney's knee's ?
Yeah, the quit pro quo was reversed, I just realized. Polian owed Fisher already for going to the Super Bowl - now they're even.

I have no attachment to Romeo - he's one of 31 enemy HC now. But it's still wrong for a team to totally lay down and choose one team over another for the playoffs. Legally it may not be wrong but it doesn't pass the sniff test for what's right for the league.

I actually think a team can lay down if it wants - for me, the line is when there is an "agreement" involved. The Colts earned the right to rest their starters if they see fit, but any discussion between the two teams regarding their strategy and how they will play the game, and basically how the Colts will hand them the game, isn't right.

Last edited:
I actually think a team can lay down if it wants - for me, the line is when there is an "agreement" involved. The Colts earned the right to rest their starters if they see fit, but any discussion between the two teams regarding their strategy and how they will play the game, and basically how the Colts will hand them the game, isn't right.

Its on MSNBC - hopefully it gets more national attention!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22487240/

Can we all agree that Kerry Collins is an idiot? :D

Its on MSNBC - hopefully it gets more national attention!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22487240/

Sadly, like must things that involve shady actions by the Colts, the only noise that will be made will be here on this board. It is times like this when you see that Goodell truely has his head up his arse when it comes to the sport of football.

I get the psychology of this, on this board, but I don't see anything here.

Not just because its the Colts, I'd say the same thing for any team.

You could make this reaching argument on ANY kneel down that the Defense doesn't just ATTACK the offense as soon as its snapped.

Do you think if a team is up 10 and takes a kneel down to kill the clock with 30 seconds left the D line should smash into the Center and QB just in case the ball comes out, they recover, run it back for a touchdown, kick off, get the ball on a fumble, and then score ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN?????

Screw Cleveland, they controlled their own destiny in week 15 and lost. That is on them.

Last edited:

You could make this reaching argument on ANY kneel down that the Defense doesn't just ATTACK the offense as soon as its snapped.

Do you think if a team is up 10 and takes a kneel down to kill the clock with 30 seconds left the D line should smash into the Center and QB just in case the ball comes out, they recover, run it back for a touchdown, kick off, get the ball on a fumble, and then score ANOTHER TOUCHDOWN?????

Screw Cleveland, they controlled their own destiny in week 15 and lost. That is on them.

Teams do that all the time.

That's true but the playoff teams shouldn't be decided based on who plays the Colts Week 17. Had that game been Week 9 then the Browns would be in the playoffs. This is no way for a league like the NFL to decide it's playoff teams. The Colts may not have violated a rule but they sure as heck violated the spirit of competition and should hang their heads in shame.

I understand where you are coming from :rolleyes: . When it comes to Colts, I don't expect logical thought from a Colts homer.

I understand where you are coming from :rolleyes: . When it comes to Colts, I don't expect logical thought from a Colts homer.

Football talk, by the way.

I am certainly biased, but this is a mountain out of mole hill, alot of the Pats fans even agree.

I say they should have a $750,000 fine and lose their first round draft pick

.... That's the definition of collusion, and it involves a team that was playing for a playoff spot.
I wonder what the NFL will do about this blatant rules violation?

By now we all know perfectly well
what the pro-Colts Commish and his office will do.

Exactly what he did about about
Noisegate and
the Jets' unauthorized filming ...
nothing at all.

That's true but the playoff teams shouldn't be decided based on who plays the Colts Week 17. Had that game been Week 9 then the Browns would be in the playoffs. This is no way for a league like the NFL to decide it's playoff teams. The Colts may not have violated a rule but they sure as heck violated the spirit of competition and should hang their heads in shame.

Thats just a difference of opinion. If the Pats weren't going for perfection and the last two games were meaningless and BB wanted to sit ALL of his starters the whole game, its his right for sure and if the teams vying for a spot were mad, too bad. You should have won in week 9 or whenever to put yourself in position.

I say they should have a $750,000 fine and lose their first round draft pick

I know your joking, but this is the whole "psychology" of this thread as I referenced earlier. I get it, I'd probably feel the same way.

This is a bigger deal than SpyGate. Still not a big deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots