PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colt Brennan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OK-preseason is fake season, and backups play against vanilla schemes + 2nd/3rd string personnel.

However-did anyone else think this kid showed alot of potential tonight? He looks poised, has very good mechanics, and his throws were sharp and accurate.

He really impressed me tonight, but then again I thought he was the QB steal of the draft so maybe I'm biased. Everyone vastly overestimated the fact that he played for Hawaii as a knock against him.

OK-preseason is fake season, and backups play against vanilla schemes + 2nd/3rd string personnel.

However-did anyone else think this kid showed alot of potential tonight? He looks poised, has very good mechanics, and his throws were sharp and accurate.
He looked pretty good to me.

Try watching the Sugar Bowl from last year when Brennan faced Georgia. That's what a good NFL defense will do to him.

Try watching the Sugar Bowl from last year when Brennan faced Georgia. That's what a good NFL defense will do to him.

That's what a good team will do to his lesser team. I don't think that if he was surrounded by a Georgia/Auburn caliber offense that it would have turned out that way.

I think he looked good. Hope he gets a lot of reps during the preseason

He got no protection the the sugarbowl, it was men against boys.

His mechanics weren't that good. Like when he was throwing side arm over the lineman, but it's what he's good at so that's probably why they haven't made him change it. Other than that he looks like he knows how to run an offense.

He got no protection the the sugarbowl, it was men against boys.

That it was. It verged on embarrassing how much bigger Georgia was than HI - Then the game came and well it was truly embarrassing for HI.

As they say, Playing the weakest schedule takes you to places you should not be, at least it gave Colt a lot of exposure.

I agree with what Madden said, Dude's got a cool football name.

He really impressed me tonight, but then again I thought he was the QB steal of the draft so maybe I'm biased. Everyone vastly overestimated the fact that he played for Hawaii as a knock against him.

That's not the only knock against him, though. There's also the fact that he turns 25 in less than two weeks; he's nearly two years older than O'Connell.

I was dead serious in the HOF game thread when I said: I think the Skins should just go grab June Jones from SMU and let him and Colt bring the Run and Shoot back. If Art F*cking Shell got a second chance as a coach, June Jones should.

Really, what would it hurt? Snyder already brought in Steve Spurrier. This couldn't go worse than that. Could it?

Last edited:
I met Brennan's Aunt & Uncle on a cruise earlier this summer. Needless to say they were psyched that he was drafted. Since they knew I'm here in Northern VA, they asked me to root for the kid. I was glad to see he did well in his first game opportunity.

I thought he looked pretty good. And I think the Redskins may have a nice option at QB. Obviously they have their guy but if he struggles this year they have an interesting option developing. All and All the QB position is much improved IMO from when Gibbs first returned too bad he didn't get one more year.

the 2 and a half quarters of that preseason game against the Colts made a believer out of me.

Colt Brennan will most likely end up being the greatest QB of all time.

I was impressed. he made things happen.

I can't get too excited about a guy playing well against future Home Depot workers but it is certainly better than playing poorly against them.

I'm not going to argue that that wasn't a concern, but I was focusing specifically on issues that might affect his on-field performance.

True but I was mentioning another factor that might have affected his draft status relative to other QBs. We can all think of a few times when off the field activities affected on the field ( or the ability to get on the field). See Vick, M.
If a team is going to invest time, money and a draft pick in a QB, why not take the lowest risk possible?

I thought he had some accurate throws to some wide open guys; however, he doesn't have a lot of zip on his passes and will struggle to make difficult throws into tight coverage, which a successful NFL QB has to do.

Take another look at his deeper throws, and you'll see the balls hang in the air for awhile. Against good coverage with faster defenders, those balls will get picked/deflected very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes