PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Coaches on the hot seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Time to start speculate who is getting the AX after the season, or they are just going to quit

1 Dennis Green
2 Joe Gibbs
3 Brian Billick
4 Bill Parcells
5 Jeff Fisher
6 Marty Schotenheimer
7 Bill Cohwerd...

Coward, is a lame duck with no contract, Parcells and Gibbs are just fed up Marty cant get along.. the others see the chic ariz game last nite..

I would have thought Art Shell would be near that list. And, I hate to say this, but it's shaping up to be a rough season in Cleveland. Romeo's got a brutal schedule on his hands and I find it tough to see how they'll match the ugly 6-10 of 2005.

To be on the hot seat means you have to win or be fired. That doesn't apply to Cowher or Parcells. Neither of those guys is being fired for their performance. Each might decide to leave and Parcells might be asked to if he makes a "Me or TO" demand to Jones but neither guy's seat is remotely hot.

Shell is probably gone, if the Raiders decide to blow things up, Im also afraid we may have to put Romeo on there as well..

The fact that the Raiders are an untalented, poor team can't be laid at Shell's door, he's not been there long enough. But the fact that they appear to play with no pride, that the locker room is in meltdown and that there's no obvious evidence of any solution in the works has to rest either with Shell or the man upstairs. And the man upstairs does the firing.

As for Romeo, he inherited a poor team too. But two seasons in the Browns aren't getting anywhere either and his authority is being undermined by guys like Kellen Winslow. Also they have a ***** of a division that shows few signs of getting any easier next year.

If the Falcons collapse i would add Jim Mora Jr. to that list.

Yes, the Pats won the Super Bowl in BB's second year. Even so, the Pats' model is one of methodical team-building. I think any team that deliberately hired a BB disciple will give him more than two years to succeed. Besides, BB had an advantage his followers don't have now -- his system wasn't popular in the rest of the league. So he had more latitude to scarf up players he wanted. (I wouldn't count Rodney as being a BB system guy, for example ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes