PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Classy Shawne Merriman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let me ask a serious question, all bull shyte aside - what if, hypothetically speaking of course, the Chargers organization fell apart like the Dolphins, and our players wanted out of San Diego.

If BB had the opportunity to sign LT, Merriman, Phillips, DFLO, (I won't mention Rivers because I know what the answer would be), would you take them?

Just curious....

I certainly would. But then I think the entire notion of people being "classy" or "unclassy", especially in professional sports, is just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I wouldn't take Florence though, because he's awful. Charger fans don't like him, do they?

No, there is another LT. His name is Ladanian Tomlinson. He says hi. The other LT was a dope fein.

Ok, classless?? Because he didnt sign a helmet? Im very sure Brady and every other player of the Pats has signed every object placed before them. You're a joke. And I wish I had a dollar for everytime a Pats fan wrote "classy" or "whiner". That stuff really pushes a button with you guys. Cant stop talking about it. Pathetic, especially given your year.

I'm a joke? Then why did you even bother posting? You don't see me going to a Charger board and getting all "Hey, I'm a Pats Fan and here's why your topics are stupid."

I guess what I am saying is that if you don't like it feel free to piss off and leave. Later! :D

I certainly would. But then I think the entire notion of people being "classy" or "unclassy", especially in professional sports, is just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I wouldn't take Florence though, because he's awful. Charger fans don't like him, do they?

I only mentioned Florence because someone else had mentioned his name, so I thought I would throw it in there. Not to much love for DFLO around Chargerland with his stupid penalties, although he did have nice interception against the Titans. I think losing his starting job to Cromartie is starting to make him work hard and be less of a punk.

Okay, let me ask a serious question, all bull shyte aside - what if, hypothetically speaking of course, the Chargers organization fell apart like the Dolphins, and our players wanted out of San Diego.

If BB had the opportunity to sign LT, Merriman, Phillips, DFLO, (I won't mention Rivers because I know what the answer would be), would you take them?

Just curious....

Only a fool wouldn't take LT if the situation allowed it. He'd learn how to be a man in New England too..

No, there is another LT. His name is Ladanian Tomlinson. He says hi. The other LT was a dope fein (sic).

Sorry Charlie. They were (perhaps one still is) drug users. One used drugs to alter reality; the other to alter his testicles.

Wow! Tommygirl....very hateful. What's he done to you? It's really unfortunate that you cant appreciate and enjoy a player who could be the best running back that ever lived. When you're grandkids ask if you got to watch him play, you'll say, "I was too busy wishing him fits of diarhea."

This made me giggle! I can actually see some old grandma saying that. Funny you mention it though because I do have boys. I'm always pushing them to appreciate what you are watching. Even they can notice hypocrisy. I don't know how you can't see it. I really, really can't. Even today I've heard sports casters mentioning how much they celebrate when they haven't done anything.

And to your other question, no, I wouldn't want any of them.

I'm a joke? Then why did you even bother posting? You don't see me going to a Charger board and getting all "Hey, I'm a Pats Fan and here's why your topics are stupid."

I guess what I am saying is that if you don't like it feel free to piss off and leave. Later! :D

How could I not? You started a thread about a player (whom you're not even scheduled to play) not signing a helmet (big deal) to a wrestler?? Then call him out as not being classy? (im so sick of that word) You wont find fabricated nonsense on our forum. We dont "create" bulletin material like over here. Some of the posters here make up so much garbage, they convince themselves its true, when in fact, most of it is rubbish. I spend time on lots of other teams' forums, but this one is the winner....bar none.

Sorry Charlie. They were (perhaps one still is) drug users. One used drugs to alter reality; the other to alter his testicles.

Tomlinson took a drug? Really? Huh, sure you're not getting your players confused? Well, you might as well start a thread about. Im sure it will be deemed credible around here and will spread like wildfire.

No, there is another LT. His name is Ladanian Tomlinson. He says hi. The other LT was a dope fein.

Ok, classless?? Because he didnt sign a helmet? Im very sure Brady and every other player of the Pats has signed every object placed before them. You're a joke. And I wish I had a dollar for everytime a Pats fan wrote "classy" or "whiner". That stuff really pushes a button with you guys. Cant stop talking about it. Pathetic, especially given your year.

Let me say that I hate the Pats (the Bills suck I know) and used to love Tomlinson. But his whining about the PAts taunting the Chargers with the dance that Merriman uses to taunt his opponents is so hilarious.

The Chargers, IMO, have the most talented in the league. But they talk and dance way too much for a team that won it's first playoff game in like 13 years (that's longer than the Bills and that's horrible). And Merriman isn't classless for not signing a wrestler's helmet. He's classless because he does steriods and taunts his opponents.

This made me giggle! I can actually see some old grandma saying that. Funny you mention it though because I do have boys. I'm always pushing them to appreciate what you are watching. Even they can notice hypocrisy. I don't know how you can't see it. I really, really can't. Even today I've heard sports casters mentioning how much they celebrate when they haven't done anything.

And to your other question, no, I wouldn't want any of them.

Cool. I have two boys. I actually was fortunate enough to meet LT at a store near my house over the summer. He's a very nice person and spoke with my son for a while. Too bad you guys cant see past the media BS and realize what a great person he is and how much he does for the community here.

Let me say that I hate the Pats (the Bills suck I know) and used to love Tomlinson. But his whining about the PAts taunting the Chargers with the dance that Merriman uses to taunt his opponents is so hilarious.

The Chargers, IMO, have the most talented in the league. But they talk and dance way too much for a team that won it's first playoff game in like 13 years (that's longer than the Bills and that's horrible). And Merriman isn't classless for not signing a wrestler's helmet. He's classless because he does steriods and taunts his opponents.

LOL! That's just too funny! Boo-hoo, he didnt sign a grown man's helmet.

Cool. I have two boys. I actually was fortunate enough to meet LT at a store near my house over the summer. He's a very nice person and spoke with my son for a while. Too bad you guys cant see past the media BS and realize what a great person he is and how much he does for the community here.

Are you willing to do the same for Belichick and the untold good he does in the community?

Honestly? It's not media BS when he stood and said everything at a mic though..no way to spin that.

I'm sure he does a lot. On the same note though, do you hate BB and some of the Pats? Because most people hate them and pay no attention to everything good that they do.

Only a fool wouldn't take LT if the situation allowed it. He'd learn how to be a man in New England too..

Actually, I think BB would learn from LT (being such a classy guy) that you do not have to cheat to win. WHOAAA!! BA DUM CHING!!!

Honestly? It's not media BS when he stood and said everything at a mic though..no way to spin that.

I'm sure he does a lot. On the same note though, do you hate BB and some of the Pats? Because most people hate them and pay no attention to everything good that they do.

Hmmm....no, not really. I dont "hate" any player of the Pats. I've always respected Brady and Bruschi, Seau will always be a Charger to me, and the rest are just opposing players. I dont hate Belichick either. I think his actions were stupid, but I dont hate the guy. I hate his lame sweatshirt, but that' about it. What I do hate, is all the fans constantly talking up the same tired media crap a YEAR LATER. Time to move on, folks. Your team had an awesome year, but you want to talk about LT's implosion from a year ago?? Enjoy your team already. Are Pats fans attempting to "counter" perceived hate on your team?

Hmmm....no, not really. I dont "hate" any player of the Pats. I've always respected Brady and Bruschi, Seau will always be a Charger to me, and the rest are just opposing players. I dont hate Belichick either. I think his actions were stupid, but I dont hate the guy. I hate his lame sweatshirt, but that' about it. What I do hate, is all the fans constantly talking up the same tired media crap a YEAR LATER. Time to move on, folks. Your team had an awesome year, but you want to talk about LT's implosion from a year ago?? Enjoy your team already. Are Pats fans attempting to "counter" perceived hate on your team?

I agree that Seau will always be a Charger--but man do we love him here. And FWIW I could care less about stupid Rey Mysterio's helmet, it's dumb. Now, if it was the Rock it would be a different story. ;)

I think it only got brought up again because, at least for me, was watching their antics during yesterday's game. It was over the top absurd. Seriously, if you have time read the game thread. Maybe you won't find it funny, but I could not stop laughing, it was hysterical.

Plus, we didn't play this weekend so there was nothing else to talk about.

And his sh!t talking this year between week 1 and 2. Don't forget that.

And what you call lame we call "Best Hoodie EVER!"

I agree that Seau will always be a Charger--but man do we love him here. And FWIW I could care less about stupid Rey Mysterio's helmet, it's dumb. Now, if it was the Rock it would be a different story. ;)

I think it only got brought up again because, at least for me, was watching their antics during yesterday's game. It was over the top absurd. Seriously, if you have time read the game thread. Maybe you won't find it funny, but I could not stop laughing, it was hysterical.

Plus, we didn't play this weekend so there was nothing else to talk about.

Now, I'll be the first one to agree that sometimes the celebratory things get a little out of hand during the games. But you see, this is where Pats fans see something that they know nothing about, then start junk on this forum. The local sports radio show always has players on, throughout the whole week. And these radio guys are constantly talking about each guy's celebration (which I cant stand). The radio guys compare, rate them, tease them, encourage, dare them. It's this whole "thing" they do on the air. Now, should the players just say pound sand and just play? IMO...yes. But it does get them fired up, so who am I to argue.

And his sh!t talking this year between week 1 and 2. Don't forget that.
And what you call lame we call "Best Hoodie EVER!"

What sh!t talking are you referring to exactly?

Now, I'll be the first one to agree that sometimes the celebratory things get a little out of hand during the games. But you see, this is where Pats fans see something that they know nothing about, then start junk on this forum. The local sports radio show always has players on, throughout the whole week. And these radio guys are constantly talking about each guy's celebration (which I cant stand). The radio guys compare, rate them, tease them, encourage, dare them. It's this whole "thing" they do on the air. Now, should the players just say pound sand and just play? IMO...yes. But it does get them fired up, so who am I to argue.

Why are you such a reasonable Charger fan? You're a disgrace to your kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back