PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: "Classy" LT blasts Holmes after the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish LT said, "at least when I quit on my team and pouted on the bench, I had the respect to keep my helmet on so no one would see me pouting."

If you ain't trying you ain't....errr...trying..

I think I'm doing it wrong

I don't know they seem like good teammates

That circus culture that Rexy has built was bound to blow up sooner or later. Once one of the many divas went punk, the dominoes start falling.

How can you question Tomlinson's classiness?
He has been telling us for years how classy he is. I can't believe you doubt him.

It will be so sweet to watch LT retire without a ring.

And so it begins, the meltdown in the swamp. Gonna be a painful offseason. If the Gints win tonight it will be almost unbearable... And the best news is there isn't a whole lot they can do about it since they are really stuck with Sanchise and Santonio for another year and the got some serious holes to fill and the luster is off the lure of playing for the Tubby blowhard and his band of merry superbowl bound men...

The ultimate teammate

They're going to have to swallow their pride and admit Sanchez is not the guy. The Jets had every opportunity over the past month to basically back into the playoffs at 9 - 7 and they couldn't even pull that off. That said, they would hang just fine in the AFC West. That division... good lord. And that isn't a dig at Tebow!

So.... did LdT throw Holmes under the bus while he was wearing his helmet and riding a bike on the sidelines?

I believe Holmes quit on his team, because if anyone knows what that's like to quit on his team in a win or go home situation, it's LdT.

The "island of misfit toys" approach to roster building can work, as long as you're winning. The minute happy time ends, all hell breaks loose. No surprise. (Did anybody really think the Steelers cast their #1 WR adrift just on a whim?)

I love it. Now I think I'll head over to JI and Gang Green forums to watch the chaos.

Hopefully the Jets are beginning a slow and agonizing train wreck that will last for years.

We all knew The Sanchize wasn't the guy but what was a bit surprising was Miami's over 12 clock minutes scoring drive against the Jets once decent D. The 2011 Jets weren't the 2010 Jets. Sad because I can't now say...SOJ!

Hopefully the Jets are beginning a slow and agonizing train wreck that will last for years.

.... and hopefully that's accompanied by a lot of denial about player talent!

This implosion by the A O G s is much like the Red Sox implosion of 2011. This is our turn to laugh at the A O G s.

I think the lack of a regular offseason hurt the Jets this year. As someone already mentioned the "island of misfit toys" strategy of team building is the type the Jets personnel dept. employs. This steady stream of bringing in guys from different teams with different philosophies would likely require offseason training programs, passing camps, mini camps, time spent together training in the weight room, etc. to build that single-minded team chemistry that the Jets displayed in 2009 and 2010.

That was missing this year, and the team lost some quality locker room veterans to free agency and retirement (e.g. Cotchery and Woody to name a few) and their replacements were either less effective or not as clutch in key moments and disappeared for stretches of the game (Wayne Hunter and Plax).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes