Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Classless Colts fans

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ian, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Sorry - I'm not one to start these types of threads, but watching the '08 Divisional playoff game tonight on NFL Network between San Diego and Indianapolis (because I love watching the Colts lose) and I still can't believe the Colts fans booed the 14-year old national champion of the Punt, Pass and Kick because (who was a girl from NH BTW) just because she had a Pats Jersey. They truly have no class.

It's just sad. And they wonder why their team gets bounced in the playoffs and their QB throws a game-clinching INT in this past Super Bowl. It's called "karma" :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: OT - Classless Colts fans

I think she got an invite to a Pats game or something like that. So hopefully it has a good ending for her. :D
  3. Gunnails

Gunnails Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I remember that.

The way I saw it at the time (FWIW) was they were booing the Jersey and not the girl, I hope thats the way she viewed it also.
  4. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +104 / 9 / -3

#11 Jersey

You can't be serious :bricks:
  5. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Actually, I've heard from a reliable source that she was emotionally scarred from the incident and has since been committed to a low-grade super-max sanitarium (ironically located outside of Indianapolis). ;)
  6. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

that wasn't actually fans booing. It was just the usual noise they were piping in via the loudspeakers. Just picture Polian laughing maniacally as he pulls a lever next to his armchair and the crowd noise all of a sudden pipes in. ;);)
  7. Bledsoe11

Bledsoe11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I remember that. That was at the height of the national media's assault on anything Belichick/Patriots. If I recall, that was the year all the patriots players got booed by the fans at the Pro bowl. Also, I think I remember some child getting beat up for wearing a Brady jersey at some teams training camp the ensuing offseason. Those were fun times to be a pats fan lol!!!:rocker:
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That isn't an excuse for booing any kid.

The Patriots made it up to her giving her tickets to the game and giving them seats in Mr. Kraft's box for the championship game.
  9. SyN65

SyN65 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Meh, every team has a lot of classless fans. Same thing would probably happen if she was wearing a Peyton jersey at Gillette.
  10. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +133 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

She seemed to handle it very well and laughed it off. That part of it was cool.
  11. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

we wouldn't boo. We're too darn quiet
  12. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -0

Puleeese.

I'm sure, being a 12-13 year old girl, she had the self-confidence and poise to analyze the motives of thousands of yahoos booing here on national t.v. I'm positive she wasn't embarrassed or humiliated because she knew those classy Colts fans weren't hating on her, just her choice of wardrobe.
  13. NYCPatsFan

NYCPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Exactly!

We have now two threads deriding our opponents: Jets and Colts (though in fairness, this one is about their fans).

Here's hoping that we don't another 29 threads mocking the other teams/fans in the NFL. :snob:
  14. Ian

Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

I'd like to think we wouldn't have booed a 14-year old kid...that's just me. Again, I'm not up in arms over it - I was just sitting there watching that game last night and had forgotten about the fact they had done it. After all, that happened in the '07/'08 season...which I'm pretty sure most of us have erased from our memories anyway because of how it ended :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  15. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

I think because it was a young girl, it is shocking and classless, and hope that Patriots fans would not do this.

Where as, if it was an adult, the booing is fine ;)
  16. Ian

Ratings:
    +248 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Exactly :cool:
  17. PatsFaninME

PatsFaninME Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the FANS on Indy. They've had to endure everyone telling them they have the best QB ever and yet they have virtually nothing to show for it. They've got to be scratching their heads thinking "shouldn't this many years of being THE BEST have resulted in more playoff wins than losses?".

I think in is the TOTALLY CLASSLESS Polian, who probably was piping in boos directed at the girl, that's to blame. If the state of Indiana had any class, they'd run that guy out of town tomorrow.

BTW, doesn't it create a "competitive advantage" to pipe in artificial noise when an opponent is on offense and not when your team has the ball. He clearly knows it's against the competitive rules and still no "Speaker-gate" allegations and invstigations. Shouldn't Colts lose a 1st round pick and be fined? Think about it, why is the Colts so much better at home??? Come on Goddell, this is less of a farce than Patriots fans were put through with the joke that was "spygate".
  18. Elijah

Elijah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +104 / 9 / -3

#11 Jersey

Personally, the only thing I dislike about the Colts is their fans.

But I ******* HATE their fans.
  19. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

I was about to hop on here today and make a comment about just that. The Chargers played great in that game, esp in the fourth quarter. Also glad to see they won with the Rivers and LT on the sidelines.

The Chargers had a great team that year, and even though I stayed up past my bedtime it was nice to see the Colts lose...:)
  20. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,359 / 13 / -5

Yes, because teenage girls never have confidence or self image issues. Most teenage girls feel confident about how they look, their weight, and their social status. Why would the girl take it personally?

Seriously, you show class and you don't boo any of the kids in the competition. It doesn't matter what jersey she wore, the respectful thing to do is cheer on these kids. They worked hard to be a finalist and this is probably their only chance to get national recognition for their work and it is a low class move to ruin it for them by booing them because they wear a certain jersey. There is no excuse for their actions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.