PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Cincinnati radio station airs ‘Big Ben warning,’ mocks Roethlisberger’s rape allegations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
“The Tri-State is currently under a Big Ben warning from now until early Sunday morning,” the faux news report begins. “The Steelers quarterback has been spotted in the downtown Cincinnati area. All females ages 18-40 are to use extreme caution, especially if heavily consuming alcohol. Males should also be on the lookout, just in case.”

Code:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/big-ben-warning-mocks-roethlisberger-rape-allegations-article-1.2490095

giphy.gif

Usually trolling from one organization to another organization to another is as lame as it can get. This? This is pretty good. Touche.

Can the bungles win a playoff game? I hate the squealers but when will cincy get it doned?

Males should also be on the lookout, just in case

:D

Actually it is s little refreshing to hear that some people still remember Big Ben's somewhat checkered past after the deflamegate nonsense

I was worried that football fans would only remember Brady's henious crime of playing with footballs that were affected by the laws of nature, and would forget all about Ben's pesky little rape allegations.

Actually it is s little refreshing to hear that some people still remember Big Ben's somewhat checkered past after the deflamegate nonsense

I was worried that football fans would only remember Brady's henious crime of playing with footballs that were affected by the laws of nature, and would forget all about Ben's pesky little rape allegations.
This is not just a "somewhat checkered past. This when he and some of his drunken buddies forced themselves on a girl that got drunk, but not drunk enough to say no.

There is no question that if the girl had prosecuted and the evidence they had from eye witness accounts and the police on the scene, Rothlessberge wouldn't have gotten a 4 game suspension but more like 4 years in prison.

Unfortunately at the time the prevailing attitude, was "boy will be boys", and girls who get drunk at bars deserve what they get. And getting a rape conviction against a prominent person opens up a girl to a different kind of rape, but one that is no less painful.

So while she was probably better off putting it behind her and taking a settlement, the fact remains that Ben was VERY lucky he now has a good life to go home to. Instead the one he could have faced.

I understand that he he has a young daughter now. I'm hoping that he NOW understands what he put someone elses father through and is remorseful for his past actions. People can change. However what id DO hate are those Steeler fans who want to pretend that just because he wasn't sent to jail or charged, he was somewhat innocent and it was the girls fault. Or worse yet, equate what Brady did for his suspension with what Ben did with to get his. Yeah right, its all the same.

DISCLAIMER - I feel it is important from me to add this. I came of age in the late 60's at a much less evolved time where it pertained to relationships with women. As I look back at that time over 50 years ago, I sometimes have ask myself how many time my "persistence" with a girl crossed that line and I wasn't grown up enough to be aware of. I know I never came close to what he did, but at that age when I was more hormones than brains, I was far from perfect either. So before I cast some very easy stones at Rothlessberger, I should acknowledge my own faults. (this is what happens when you get old. You start thinking about **** like this. ;) )

Probably unpopular to say here but I heard it and thought it was in very poor taste.

Can the bungles win a playoff game? I hate the squealers but when will cincy get it done?

hopefully never. I like to watch other teams and their fans suffer.

As a resident of Hershey in south central PA, where Squealers zombies out-number Eagles fans & Murderer-Worshipper fanimals combined even though the latter 2 teams are much closer to us than PitsDirt is, I am hoping that Cincy wins regardless of the implications for the Pats. I really, Really, REALLY despise everything about that organization, from the Rooney Rule ownership to its Stealers-Uber-Alles goose-stepping zombie followers, waving their piss-colored toilet paper wherever they go, quick to rail against the sty in the Patriots' eye while ignoring the log of steroids, rape, leftism and dirty play in their own. Feck them all to hell.

The attack on "poor taste" based on minimizing the seriousness for victims has some merit. The Big Ben fans coming out of the woodwork to claim he was not convicted and it is thus bad taste on that basis is another matter entirely. Pure delusion.

Ben bought off the victim. Prosecutors in dismissals do not tend to offer lengthy case summaries on announcing the dismissal when a case is meritless. He deserves all he gets in media abuse, and much more. His is one case that makes Brady's suspension of 4 games to uphold integrity of the game truly ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes