PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Johnson's Tweet after MVP award to Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This is actually for real....CJ should have received the award. I guess the National Manning League wouldn't allow that to happen!

Chris Johnson's tweet after Manning won the MVP:

"Do any body got payton address I got to go get my award."

Nice.

Had Jeff Fisher not started Kerry Collins the first 6 games the Titans could of at least had 1-3 extra wins which would of got them in the playoffs and possibly got Johnson the award.

Chris Johnson had a great individual effort on the season, but I'm sorry, no player on an 8-8, non-playoff team is the Most Valuable Player in the NFL. Not this year, not any year. He's going to have to settle for Offensive Player of the Year.

But it's funny he said that. :D

Last edited:
Wow... did he seriously write that, like quote-unquote? He doesn't look too bright, but that's borderline ******ed. Between him and Young, I don't think they've got even 100 IQ points.

I guess when you rush for over 2000 yards now, it doesn't matter...

The NFL has become a joke when they vote for who gets this award.

When NFL fans and historians look back on Brady's career years from now, they are going to ask:
"How in the hell did this guy only win one MVP??"

"Cue the picture of the NFL front office lining up on their knees in front of Manning"

He's apparently an idiot. You can't win on an 8-8 team when they were 0-6 with him in there. You could have made a case for Young if they made the playoffs. They did go 8-2 with VY.

They may aswell re-name it the QB/Running back award because nobody else wins the thing.

Think the last guy outside those positions was the proper LT.

Eric ****erson holds the NFL record for rushing yards in a season with 2,105 in 1984. But he lost out on MVP....AND OPOY, to Dan Marino. ****erson didn't receive ANY hardware. Johnson joins him and Jamal Lewis (2003) as the only 2,000 yard rushers not win the MVP.

He's apparently an idiot. You can't win on an 8-8 team when they were 0-6 with him in there. You could have made a case for Young if they made the playoffs. They did go 8-2 with VY.

A better case could be made for Vince Young based on W-L record, yes, but it'd be a mistake to take a team statistic like wins as apply it too heavily. Ben Roethlisberger would be MVP in his rookie season if that were the case, and just like Young, it was more about handing the ball off to the RB, and minimizing mistakes, than being THE reason for the team's success.

Chris Johnson had a great individual effort on the season, but I'm sorry, no player on an 8-8, non-playoff team is the Most Valuable Player in the NFL. Not this year, not any year. He's going to have to settle for Offensive Player of the Year.

But it's funny he said that. :D

This kind of logic has never made any sense, and it never will make any sense. Basically the voters have turned "valuable" into a subjective term to vote for who they want.

First of all it is an INDIVIDUAL award, given to a single player. To take into account his team's performance is the most ridiculous assinine illogical thing I've ever heard of. Second of all, value is NOT determined by the black and white bottom line of wins/losses. If I owe $1000 to a bill, and you give me $500, I still can't pay that bill. If another person owes $100 and Jon gives him $100, he can pay his bill. Your contribution to me was more valuable than Jon's contribution, regardless of outside factors. The most valuable player in the NFL is the best player in the NFL, period. The best player in the NFL is more valuable to all 32 teams if he were on them. If idiots want to keep this award to mean "best player on a winning team" or "best player on team with most wins", then they really ought to change the name. As it stands the MVP (in most sports) is a stupid award, and it's a shame the high stature the award carries.

JoePats...

Chris Johnson had MORE to do with their winning than Vince Young.
Back to the bill analogy. If I owe $1000 and Jon gives me $800 today I can't pay my bill, if Mike comes along tomorrow and gives me $200 I can all of a sudden pay my bill. Mike was not the bigger reason for me being able to pay my bill, just because he pushed me over the edge. Just like the proverbial "straw" that boke the camel's back isn't the main reason the camel's back broke.

In the end, to award an individual player because his teammates, coaches, and other uncontrollable factors are more fortunate than another is absolutely wrong. (For instance A-Rod should have won the MVP in baseball for about a decade straight).

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back