PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Chambers cut by Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to re-read the thread....
Poor Space is hitting the bottle earlier these days. :D

If the choice was between Chambers at WR and Wilfork at WR, I'd vote for Wilfork - better hands.

A guy that can't create separation, is a must sign! :)

Since he becomes a free agent after he undoubtedly passes through waivers, I'd give him a workout to see where he's at. You might as well, since he's been a talented, productive receiver in the past and we have a need at that position. His numbers this year might mean something or they might not.

If he still has it, I'd offer him a lower-end veteran contract and a chance to make the playoffs this year. He's already been paid, so if he doesn't accept that deal you know what kind of player he is anyway. If he doesn't have any juice left, I stick with Tate, Aiken, and Edelman.

If he can still play, he'd be a sick option as our #3. Certainly better than Aiken or Edelman, at least when it comes to stretching the field. I have high hopes for Tate, as he looked surprisingly good for a rookie coming off knee surgery, but he's very inexperienced and there's no guarantee he'll be an impact player this year.

Last edited:
You might as well, since he's been a talented, productive receiver in the past and we have a need at that position.

When has Chris Chambers been a productive receiver? Even the years in Miami where he had good yardage, it was because of a metric assload of targets. In 2005, when he had 1100 yds, he had almost 200 targets, and still only caught 82 balls.

He can't catch, and he never has been able to. When he was younger, he could get separation. Now, he can't.

To the Chiefs he goes via waivers. Good for Cassel as he actually has more than one target now.

If Chambers has to pass for a target, then that doesn't speak well for Cassel's chances.

Chambers built his early career on the assumption that he *should* have been good in Miami, but Jay Fiedler was holding him back. But no, it turns out that he just wasn't a very good receiver.

If Chambers has to pass for a target, then that doesn't speak well for Cassel's chances.

Chambers built his early career on the assumption that he *should* have been good in Miami, but Jay Fiedler was holding him back. But no, it turns out that he just wasn't a very good receiver.

He's at least better than what Cassel has been working with outside of Bowe, which really says more about Kansas City's offense than it does about Chris Chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back