PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chris Chambers cut by Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Has to go through waivers. I bet he goes to dolphins or jets, since tannenbaum has heard of him. Source pft.

Doubt anyone wants that contract.

Too bad he carries a big cap number.

I agree that he will pass through waivers. He has $2.4 million left on his contract this year. He is no longer a starter. That is too much foe 8 games for a back up who will have to learn a new system.

3 weeks ago he probably had some trade value,cut for nothing

Nobody is going to pick up that contract

No, thanks.

Not worth it...no thank you, would rather throw the rookies to wolves first.

If he passes through waivers would we be able to sign him as a FA then? If so, what the hell, sign him to the vet min and give him a shot. He could at least provide competition for the young guys.

Last edited:
If he passes through waivers would we be able to sign him as a FA then? If so, what the hell, sign him to the vet min and give him a shot. He could at least provide competition for the young guys.

I don't know. Never been a huge fan of Chambers. Always thought he was way overrated. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats signed him for the veteran minimum (even if they throw in some incentives to boot), but I don't think I would be any more upset if the Pats don't even consider it.

Maybe if he had anything left.
Amongst qualifying wide receivers, Chambers's -84 DYAR and -49.6% DVOA ranked 79th and 80th out of 82, respectively, and he'd caught only eight of the 30 passes (27 percent) on which he was the intended receiver.

Somebody was cut? We should sign him! :D

Pats are already into Galloway and Lewis for a draft pick and a couple mil. Edelman looks very good, and they must think highly of Tate to put him on the roster. Both these guys have been studying the system since TC. Chambers would slow the development of the younger guys if he played. We do not have anyone as big and strong as Chambers, but I would guess there is little interest there.

I don't know. Never been a huge fan of Chambers. Always thought he was way overrated. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats signed him for the veteran minimum (even if they throw in some incentives to boot), but I don't think I would be any more upset if the Pats don't even consider it.

I dunna know either. Contract issues aside, the guy is an NFL-receiver. I was just flipping though some of his playoff performances with the Chargers and hes done pretty darn well.

No clue if he know/can learn this offense.

Pats are already into Galloway and Lewis for a draft pick and a couple mil. Edelman looks very good, and they must think highly of Tate to put him on the roster. Both these guys have been studying the system since TC. Chambers would slow the development of the younger guys if he played. We do not have anyone as big and strong as Chambers, but I would guess there is little interest there.

Bingo. Nailed it.

I was peeling an apple and got cut. Maybe they should sign me?

My thoughts, well articulated...

??? What young guys? The only young WR on the roster is Edelman who doesn't need competition to try harder, and anyway, it isn't exactly a "what the hell" situation. You'd have to cut one of our current team members to sign Chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes