PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chiefs vs. Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Just passing the time before our game.. :D

Cheifs seem to be executing good but their breakdowns happen way too early, a missed block, etc. They are pulling a number of misdirection plays today that have gone nowhere because the Cowboys front 7 have found a way to get through the sloppy blocking.

Haley is a firebrand- he does not seem to be a stable influence. I don't think he is an ideal coach if he continues like this.

Cowboys pressure is killing the Chief's offensive ability to execute.

Only reason they are up 3-0 is because Crayton muffed a KR.

Breaking news.. Fake run play turns into out route Chiefs TD for none else than.... Vrabel!

How about Haley stealing a page out of our playbook?

10-0 Chiefs.

Last edited:
Breaking news.. Fake run play turns into out route Chiefs TD for none else than.... Vrabel!

How about stealing a page out of our playbook?

10-0 Chiefs.

I so wish we could have seen that play last year. :(

Cassel to Vrabel, TD! Just like old times! lol

Cowboys are stinking it up out there. Playing without a pulse.

Illegal formation, then false start. 1st and 20 after that TD. And Romo barely avoids intentional grounding.

Chiefs D are sensing this "playing not to lose" and just hit Romo with delayed safety blitz. 3rd and 20.

Last edited:
I picked a bad week to cut Vrabel from my fantasy team...:mad:

Yeah but the chiefs have no offensive line, and Cassel looks ok at best right now

That O-line looks like they're all Billy Yates. Poor Matt.

Last edited:

Well, he did sign an extension. Somehow, I'm guessing that OL will be high on their list of priorities next year. . . .

On the other hand, the Chiefs D has a new life, they just stopped the Cowboys 2x in the RZ.

However, they got away with RTP on Romo (helmet contact).

Matt's getting himself killed back there. Surprised they didn't go for a hail mary at the end of the half...

I love hearing about another Cowboys epic fail. Jerry freakin Jones is such an idiot committing everything to a Farve-esqe QB like Romo, who can be great at times, but more often than not just looks clownish out there.

I hope KC effectively snuffs out all the Cowboys' hopes in their first year in the abomination that is Cowboy Stadium.

Terrible first half for the Cowboys. Stunning that they didn't have the right personnel on the field for the last punt and had to call timeout.

Frustrating time to be a Cowboys fan.

On the other hand, the Chiefs D has a new life, they just stopped the Cowboys 2x in the RZ.

However, they got away with RTP on Romo (helmet contact).
I loved hearing Aikman whine about that hit - Winter was shielded from the hit, but by mentioning Brady Aikman throws more fuel on the Pats disrespect fire. :D

Definitely.

Dorsey just missed getting his first career safety. Is it me, or is the Chiefs D suddenly playing with confidence? They're driving the game now and just gave Cassel great field position. Let's hope he takes advantage of it, but by the looks of it, he'll be soaking in the hot tub for a long time tonight.

Also Ware got his first sack.. he's really been missing Greg Ellis on the other end. What a turnaround from last year when he got 20 sacks.

Definitely.

Dorsey just missed getting his first career safety. Is it me, or is the Chiefs D suddenly playing with confidence? They're driving the game now and just gave Cassel great field position. Let's hope he takes advantage of it, but by the looks of it, he'll be soaking in the hot tub for a long time tonight.
Chiefie's D is playing strong right now. The Boyz are disintegrating before our eyes - I like that.

Here's an ugly stat:

Larry Johnson: 14 yards on 11 carries
Cassdog: 21 yards on 2 carries (yes, he's their leading rusher)

Here's an ugly stat:

Larry Johnson: 14 yards on 11 carries
Cassdog: 21 yards on 2 carries (yes, he's their leading rusher)
And he's been standing in to take the hit while delivering the ball, that team needs to rally round the Cassdawg! Their D is hot though and another nice strip on STs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots