Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just heard on ESPN...... no links yet on the web

OT: Todd Haley canned!

Another coach bite the dust.

OT: Todd Haley Fired

I just heard on the radio that Haley has been fired. I would have loved to be a fly in the room when Pioli fired him.

Jason LaCanfora says that Josh McDaniels is a prime candidate to replace him next year.

I can't say I feel sorry for Haley. He was a real arse.

Re: OT: Todd Haley canned!

Jesus. I wish Ian would add delete thread to every poster's ability? It is a small mod feature you can check for thread tools

Re: OT: Todd Haley Fired

Jason LaCanfora says that Josh McDaniels is a prime candidate to replace him next year.

Was he Pioli's hire?

I just heard on the radio that Haley has been fired. I would have loved to be a fly in the room when Pioli fired him.

The real question is why, if Pioli was thinking of leaving, he didn't take McDaniels with him. I can't imagine that Pioli didn't know that BB was grooming McDaniels to be a HC. . . .

I'll be surprised if Pioli hires McDaniels - he's doing terrible with Sam Bradford in St. Louis. Won't Pioli be on the chopping block if he doesn't get the next hire right? And Haley is an arse, but how is it his fault that the Chiefs have no one but a school boy to back up Matt Cassel?

The real question is why, if Pioli was thinking of leaving, he didn't take McDaniels with him. I can't imagine that Pioli didn't know that BB was grooming McDaniels to be a HC. . . .

Probably because there is an unwritten rule that when a front office person or coach leaves a team for a new job, they don't raid their former team's coaching staff. Pioli probably didn't go after McDaniels out of respect for Belichick.

Maybe Weis resigns from new U Kansas job and continues his nationwide coaching carousel.

McDaniels wouldn't be a good hire. He's been terrible in St. Louis, they have almost the worst offense in the league even though he has Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson. He is also a horrible talent evaluator so would be a big negative in terms of screwing up a team's draft and evaluation simply be being there with an opinion. Denver's last 20 games were near last in the league before McDaniels was fired there.

Last edited:

Probably because there is an unwritten rule that when a front office person or coach leaves a team for a new job, they don't raid their former team's coaching staff. Pioli probably didn't go after McDaniels out of respect for Belichick.

See what I wrote above: BB was preparing McDaniels to leave; McDaniels was being asked to interview for jobs after 2007. I don't think BB would have seen it as any form of disrespect if McDaniels had left for KC with Pioli.

2rh693t.gif

See what I wrote above: BB was preparing McDaniels to leave; McDaniels was being asked to interview for jobs after 2007. I don't think BB would have seen it as any form of disrespect if McDaniels had left for KC with Pioli.

Even though McDaniels was leaving. It is one thing for him to go to Denver and another to go to KC and Pioli. Pioli is old school. He might not have wanted to break the unwritten code even if Belichick was ok with it.

Its a rough business. Playoffs last year and gone the next. Does Pioli expect them to be scoring points with Tyler Palko, the corpse of Thomas Jones and Dwayne Bowe?

Also, not sure what McDaniels has done to deserve another head coaching job so quickly. That Rams offense is anemic.

So.

Hiring McDaniels.

Would that not be going from the frying pan to the fire?

I don't know. McDaniels without the personnel responsibilities might work. McDaniels' biggest problem in Denver was he was a horrible personnel guy. With Pioli shopping for the groceries, McDaniels might succeed. We know Cassel can run his offense. McDaniels worked for Crennel when Crennel was here and McDaniels was a defensive coaching assistant (2002-2003)

Last edited:

Through December12, the St Louis Rams average 11 points per game, with the offense ranked 31st in the league. This, despite talent with Bradford, Steven Jackson, and a new O-line.
The Broncos lost almost every one of their last 20 games under McDaniels.

I think the question should not be whether McDaniels will be KC's head coach, but whether he will even have a coordinator job next year or be fired.

Even though McDaniels was leaving. It is one thing for him to go to Denver and another to go to KC and Pioli. Pioli is old school. He might not have wanted to break the unwritten code even if Belichick was ok with it.

Not just that but I think McD wanted to plant his own flag somewhere separate from his superiors in NE.

Pioli needs to pick the right coach or he is gone in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes