PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chargers Extend Danny Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh!! And you know: Even before I started typing, I figured that you figured I'd say something like that...Nor have I any doubt that you'd figured on that, as well, and were more or less looking for that kind of answer. Ah, the numerous nuances of a lengthy Correspondence.
jester.gif

My eyes rolled so violently that they both spent 6 weeks in a sling when I got word about the odious Leon Washington signing. See, this is exactly what I'm talking about when I say that admiring Mad Bill does not preclude one's recognizing his occasional bouts of flat out Dumb-@$$ behavior.

I say that with all due respect to him and to anyone who supported that move, including you if that's the case, but are you kidding me?? Leon Washington, I was an huge Fan of, back in ~ Wait For It ~ 2009!!

By 2013, he was clearly and demonstrably long over the hill. There has never been anything in the History of the World more obviously and demonstrably clear than the fact that signing him at that point was a complete and utter waste of TaxPayer Money, and yet intelligent men like you, Mad Bill, and others evidently thought he was a viable replacement for Uncanny Danny WoodHead??? :eek:

It boggles my freaking mind, Bro.
huh.gif

I'm not arguing that I felt the Washington signing was a good one. All I'm trying to say is that from what I can tell, what happened was this:

1. Mad Bill set the value he was willing to pay for the player filling Woodhead's roster slot.
2. That was insufficient to sign Woodhead.
3. Mad Bill looked for the best player he could find to fill that role who was willing to accept that amount of money (or less). That player turned out to be Washington, who did absolutely jack s*** here.

As I stated above, if I were in Mad Bill's shoes, it never would have gotten that far, because I would have been willing to pay Woodhead more than the Chargers did.

I'm not arguing that I felt the Washington signing was a good one. All I'm trying to say is that from what I can tell, what happened was this:

1. Mad Bill set the value he was willing to pay for the player filling Woodhead's roster slot.
2. That was insufficient to sign Woodhead.
3. Mad Bill looked for the best player he could find to fill that role who was willing to accept that amount of money (or less). That player turned out to be Washington, who did absolutely jack s*** here.

As I stated above, if I were in Mad Bill's shoes, it never would have gotten that far, because I would have been willing to pay Woodhead more than the Chargers did.

Leave it up to you to start an Argument about something we agree about, you old dog!!
jester.gif

I simply don't care what Mad Bill's Process was, you see.

I'm the last guy to call a guy out for taking a reasonable, rational Risk, especially if it's a cheap Risk, like Stomper Haynesworth, for example. Letting Uncanny Danny WoodHead go was clearly one of many asinine Risks, and Mad Bill's Process doesn't change that Fundamental Truth one iota.
ohnono.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes