PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chargers @ Colts Game Discussion (Divisional Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
My second most anticipated game of the weekend, would love to see the Chargers knock off the “Under The Radar” Colts.

Very intrigued to see how Marvin performs today. Also Norv Turner has confirmed that Antonio Gates will indeed be playing.

Cute how ESPN has been trying to tell us since November that they’ve been under the radar. Would also love to see all those “The Pats won this time, but they will meet again!” analysts tear up on camera. With a loss, this could possibly be Marvin and Dungy’s last game ever.

Now looking from a Pats fan point of view, it seems the consensus is somewhat split here. Either people want revenge on the Colts @ the Razor and the toughest/boldest step to the Super Bowl. Or, they want a far inferior Chargers team that will lower the board’s collective stress level dramatically.

Of course we're all absolutely confident we can beat either team - again - but I'll take the easier path, being the latter. Go Chargers.

im mixed on who i wanna play. I understand Chargers w/o Gates are an easier opponent but im thinking..to be the next..you gotta beat the best. Lets beat Indy @ Foxboro and take back what should've been ours last year

Disco I agree with you, but you know how many damn Colts trolls will come onto the board saying "you didnt go through us, blah blah blah", so honestly I'd rather get some revenge for last years AFCCG and go through the toughest playoff schedule that I can remember.

I don't want either choice you mentioned but I'd rather see the Colts win because I can't stand so see the Chargers get closer to a Championship. Now I fully believe we could beat them but If we HAD to lose to a team in the AFCCG I'd rather lose to the Colts than the Chargers. They are too coky as it is and some humility before they win anything would be in order before I EVER cheer for them to win anything, even against the Colts.

I want the easy option but I'm rooting for the Colts today.

Image1111-2132TV9.jpg

I am just looking forward to the "Classy Bowl"...really...could not ask for a bigger bunch of "classy" people on one football field!!

Last edited:
I am just looking forward to the "Classy Bowl"...really...could not ask for a bigger bunch of "classy" people on one football field!!
yes , yes indeed. and Saints.

I will not be watching the whole game due to fear of being blinded by the Heavenly light alot of these players glow in. Class can be blinding!

im mixed on who i wanna play. I understand Chargers w/o Gates are an easier opponent but im thinking..to be the next..you gotta beat the best. Lets beat Indy @ Foxboro and take back what should've been ours last year

That's pretty much where I'm at.

Part of me thinks beating the reigning champs would be how I'd script it; part of me thinks we've already beaten them both, so there's nothing to proove in beating either of them again; part of me thinks Indy is the FAR tougher game so should be avoided if possible; part of me thinks it would be nice to see the Chargers get slaughtered.

60 minutes of rooting for bad plays I guess.

This could be an interesting game. The one thing to note is that Chambers has added something to their passing attack, and he'll be tough for the Colts DB's to cover. I'm not saying he's great or anything, but he's better than some of their other options, upgrades the unit. The Colts are also without some key defenders now, so their defense shouldn't be quite as strong. Taking this all into consideration (also including Tomlinson's running ability) I'd say it should be a long day for the Colts defense, especially if Gates is anything close to healthy.

The play of SD's defense seems like the key to this game, though. The last time the two teams played Cromartie picked off Manning a few times, and the Chargers completely shutdown Addai. If they can stop Addai and force Manning into some bad throws I'll like the Chargers chances of winning.

Frankly, there shouldn't be any Colts fans/trolls on here worrying about NE, or even talking about the AFCCG. The Colts are facing a team that will give them all they can handle, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers actually won.

Talking about who we should be rooting for.

I really don't care who NE plays as long as they win. That being said, I do think the Chargers are a different team then the one NE faced earlier in the year. Their secondary has played better (Cromartie wasn't even starting then, and their former starting CB was demoted), and their passing game has looked somewhat better over the last part of the season. Tomlinson's also come around and had some very good games recently. Considering this, a game against the Chargers could be tougher than some might think.

We all know the problems Indy presents both offensively and defensively, so there really isn't any sense of going into details. Let's just say, either team should give NE a good game, and I can't wait for next sunday.

Oh, and I like NE's having the extra day off...

If the Chargers were to pull off the upset today and then lose to the Pats next weekend, they would seriously burn the city down.

Go Chargers!

hey! What the....???

UP UP UP....

let's go...Beatdown At The Farmer's Market

Gates gets the start tonight, and he didn't look to hampered from what we saw in warmups. Gates' presence MIGHT keep this close, and I am pulling for a Chargers win. To be honest, I dont care about "beating the champs to be the champs," I just want the easiest road possible to 19-0.

This should be an exciting game. I can't wait to watch it and rip apart everything that every player does b/c i hate everyone that's playing. I can't wait. I"m going to complain about everything, and closely watch and document how many calls the Colts get that they shouldn't be getting. I'm going to start a thread about it actually......

But what this really comes down to, is if Tony Dungy has enough Quiet Strength to outmatch the Class out of the Chargers

I don't care who wins. As long as they beat the hell out of each other before the end so they are weak and hobbling when they head to Foxboro.

On one hand it would be hilarious if the Chargers lose. LT will cry again in his presser after the game and SD fans will all commit suicide. Then again if we get the Chargers it'll be smooth sailing to the SB.

Last edited:
I don't get the "You need to beat the best(Colts) for Pats to get the real credit for going 19-0" If the Chargers beat the Colts at Indy then they are the "best" and we have to beat them to get to SB. What am I missing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes