OT Chargers Broncos game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangles

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone else watching this right now?

I hate both teams but the refs are just giving the Broncos the game. Worst calls I've ever seen in any game.

That "fumble" was probably the worst call I've ever seen, on so many levels. First the ball comes out of his hand and Cutler's hand is going forward WITHOUT A BALL IN IT. Second, the ball goes BACKWARDS, so there is no way that Hoculi should interpret that motion as throwing a forward pass. Finally, Hoculi blows a whistle on a questionable play - if he had let it play out, they could have gone back and reviewed whether it was incomplete or not (like in the Snow Bowl).

It's sad that a team can get robbed based on one guy's incompetence, but then again we are Pats fans and we see this against the Colts every time we play them.

That "fumble" was probably the worst call I've ever seen, on so many levels. First the ball comes out of his hand and Cutler's hand is going forward WITHOUT A BALL IN IT. Second, the ball goes BACKWARDS, so there is no way that Hoculi should interpret that motion as throwing a forward pass. Finally, Hoculi blows a whistle on a questionable play - if he had let it play out, they could have gone back and reviewed whether it was incomplete or not (like in the Snow Bowl).

It's sad that a team can get robbed based on one guy's incompetence, but then again we are Pats fans and we see this against the Colts every time we play them.

At least Hocchuli didn't call face guarding against Champ Bailey. That would have been uber ridiculous.

I watched the game. It was a bad call. Broncos was lucky. I saw the ball come off Broncos QB.

It should have been reviewed. It really sucks to loose the game this way.

it was a botched call, no doubt... although i dont like the chargers and was happy for cutler.

as for ed hochuli... i love him as a referree. in my mind he is the best if not, definitely near the top and it's too bad he;ll pay the price for blowing the call. no ones perfect, but there are missed calls or non-calls all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back