PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chan Gailey expected to be new coach of Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I love how Florio toutes Gailey for making a Bowl game each of the six years he was with Georgia Tech. Is he serious? Silcon Valley Classic (that no longer exists), The Humanitarian Bowl (twice), Champ Sports Bowl, and the Emerald Bowl. Not exactly among the premiere bowls. Getting into a Bowl game is like making the playoffs in NHL or NBA.

Gailey is a great coordinator, but a so-so head coach. He is just another retread the Bills have brought in and is just holding the job for the next retread who takes the job in three years.

I hear you about those crappy bowls, but on the other hand, I wouldn't say it really means much, because schools like Georgia Tech and Boston College and Duke and Wake Forest are regularly passed over in the ACC for schools that they actually beat (well, not Duke, heh). So, GT could have good seasons, and some of the glitzier bowls will still select Clemson over them even if Clemson is 6-6.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the Gailey hiring.

I hear you about those crappy bowls, but on the other hand, I wouldn't say it really means much, because schools like Georgia Tech and Boston College and Duke and Wake Forest are regularly passed over in the ACC for schools that they actually beat (well, not Duke, heh). So, GT could have good seasons, and some of the glitzier bowls will still select Clemson over them even if Clemson is 6-6.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the Gailey hiring.

Gailey's best record with Georgia Tech was 9-5. It isn't like he led the Yellow Jackets to an undefeated season and was passed over for a good Bowl because of the conference he played in. In fact, in six years, he had a winning conference record twice.

I get your point, but he had a 44-32 record as the Yellow Jackets' head coach. Not exactly stellar. Your point is valid, but it really doesn't apply to Gailey's time at Georgia Tech.

Last edited:
Whew.

For a second there I was worried they were gonna go out and get somebody good,
but then I remembered it was the Bills.

Oh well, 2 wins a season in our pocket is nice to have.

The Gailey hiring makes even less sense with these reports that Marty Shottenheimer wanted the job and the Ralph Wilson was not comfortable with him. Marty could bring his son Brian to help run the team and take over as HC when Marty decides to retire.

Why Gailey, it has to be because nobody else wanted the job.

As for Buffalo moving, Ralph Wilson is 91, he is not going to live forever. I see the new owner moving the team to LA, to Toronto, to anyplace where a new stadium will be built and a fresh start happening.

And they are builiding a new stadium in LA, right now Jacksonville is the best choice to lose their team but if Wilson passes on before that happens, all bets are off.

The Gailey hiring makes even less sense with these reports that Marty Shottenheimer wanted the job and the Ralph Wilson was not comfortable with him. Marty could bring his son Brian to help run the team and take over as HC when Marty decides to retire.

Why Gailey, it has to be because nobody else wanted the job.

As for Buffalo moving, Ralph Wilson is 91, he is not going to live forever. I see the new owner moving the team to LA, to Toronto, to anyplace where a new stadium will be built and a fresh start happening.

And they are builiding a new stadium in LA, right now Jacksonville is the best choice to lose their team but if Wilson passes on before that happens, all bets are off.

I agree. Schottenheimer certainly has had problems in the post-season but everywhere hes been his teams have at least gone to the playoffs. He may not be the coach you want, but it seems that he had a good eye for talent and knows how to put decent teams on the field.

At any rate, in terms of overall qualifications he blows Chan Gailey out of the water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots