PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chad Johnson hit and post game press conference...(videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeanBruschi54 said:
Obviously you dont know Chad Johnson. He doesnt believe that at all. He's all about his teammates. He took a very reasonable contract restructuring when he could of had a ton more cash in FA.

The only thing he believes in is that he is the best WR in the NFL today (not that absurd) and that no one can stop him (thats his challenge to everyone).
I remember seeing an interview with him and Jim Rome after the "guaranteeing a win" incident. Rome being Rome was badgering him to do the same for the next game, but he wouldn't do it because Marvin told him to stop. You'd have to see the interview to appreciate it, but after that interview I went from thinking he's an arrogant loudmouth to just a fun guy.

jaychamp said:
I remember seeing an interview with him and Jim Rome after the "guaranteeing a win" incident. Rome being Rome was badgering him to do the same for the next game, but he wouldn't do it because Marvin told him to stop. You'd have to see the interview to appreciate it, but after that interview I went from thinking he's an arrogant loudmouth to just a fun guy.
He doesnt do it to be arrogant. 9 times out of 10 he's laughing about it. Especially when he had Who can stop 85 thing last year?

The reporters kept asking him about it so he went and made a list and of course no would could stop him.:D

SeanBruschi54 said:
Obviously you dont know Chad Johnson. He doesnt believe that at all. He's all about his teammates.

Sorry, it is you who don't know Chad Johnson. He isn't all about his teammates - not even close. He is all about Chad Johnson.

He proved it beyond any argument in the playoffs last year. His teammates had to put up with a halftime tirade in the Pittsburgh game. The Bengals were winning but Chad was throwing a hissy fit because he hadn't gotten enough passes. They were winning a playoff game and he didn't care - it was about how many touches he got.

Early reports from his teammates said he went so far as to swing at the WRs coach. Marvin Lewis then threatened to cut any player who talked about it and they all shut up. Not even Lewis and Johnson deny his selfish flip out - they only deny the swinging at a coach aspect.

In a playoff game - that his team was WINNING.

He is a great player but clearly a selfish player.

Last edited:
It looked like a shoulder pad hit. What was the 'illegal' part? I've only seen the hit a few times on youtube and the resolution isn't so great, but I didn't really see anything that just didn't look like a wicked ha'd hit. Is this just yet another part of the Indianapolization of the NFL?

RPCity said:
From John Clayton:

"...he can't eat McDonald's because he's on a liquid diet due to a sore jaw. ... "Somebody's got to pay." So Johnson called out Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, whom he called the mouth of the team. He wants Porter to meet him in the middle of the field Sunday when the two teams meet. "

Maybe he likes that liquid diet

dhamz said:
Sorry, it is you who don't know Chad Johnson. He isn't all about his teammates - not even close. He is all about Chad Johnson.

He proved it beyond any argument in the playoffs last year. His teammates had to put up with a halftime tirade in the Pittsburgh game. The Bengals were winning but Chad was throwing a hissy fit because he hadn't gotten enough passes. They were winning a playoff game and he didn't care - it was about how many touches he got.

Early reports from his teammates said he went so far as to swing at the WRs coach. Marvin Lewis then threatened to cut any player who talked about it and they all shut up. Not even Lewis and Johnson deny his selfish flip out - they only deny the swinging at a coach aspect.

Hear, hear.

"Obviously you don't know Chad Johnson." Excuse me, SB54, but do you, really?

I remember hearing about that playoff incident, and not being surprised whatsoever.

CTPF used the term, the "Indianapolization" of the NFL. I know exactly what he means, and I agree completely.

Here's another term, the Muhammed Alization of athletes. Why do some jocks, esp. those at the "skill" positions, feel the need to belittle their opponents, both by word and deed, i.e. TD "celebrations"? I have my theories, but I don't have the time.

Wow, i knew he got hit hard (saw it on a highlight) but i didn't realize he was that out of it after the game. How he doesn't have a concussion is beyond me:confused:

dhamz said:

That wasnt the case. He threw a tirade because the Steelers were coming back, Palmer was injured and he said if you get him the ball he would make things happen. He did throw a tirade but that means he's not a team player? Sorry he wants to win the game, i dont blame him for what he did.

I heard those swinging reports too, originally it was at Marvin Lewis but nothing came of it.

His team WAS winning. WAS being the key word. Your telling me you wouldnt be furious after the game? Johnson was beating his man all day long he had a legitamate gripe about getting the ball to him more.

dhamz said:
This one was all on the Bengals coaches.

Next time Marvin Lewis will probably think twice about throwing the ball with all his stars in the game that was 34-10 with 2 minutes left.
Take players out of a game to give them rest, not so they won't get hurt. To say I can't play this guy because someone may hit him is a loser mentality. As soon as you start planning on how not to get guys hurt, you start a different mindset and start changing plays etc .

THis is football.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Obviously you dont know Chad Johnson. He doesnt believe that at all. He's all about his teammates. He took a very reasonable contract restructuring when he could of had a ton more cash in FA.

The only thing he believes in is that he is the best WR in the NFL today (not that absurd) and that no one can stop him (thats his challenge to everyone).

Obviously I don't. But I don't want to know any NFL player. I'd prefer they shut up and play the game. Johnson is arrogant and self-absorbed, and I don't see how his locker room guarantees and end zone dances are in any way "all about his teammates."

I'm not saying you don't have to like him. I am saying that Chad Johnson-like antics cheapen the game for me.

Wow he was really out of it in that interview.. Chad Johnson is fun to watch, but some things that he says I bet he wants back, which might be this week vs Joey Porter.. haha.

CTPatsFan said:
It looked like a shoulder pad hit. What was the 'illegal' part? I've only seen the hit a few times on youtube and the resolution isn't so great, but I didn't really see anything that just didn't look like a wicked ha'd hit. Is this just yet another part of the Indianapolization of the NFL?
That's what I was thinking, but couldn't be sure on the YouTube video. Aparently the NFL agrees, no fines for this hit.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2596441
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported there will be no fine stemming from Russell's hit on Johnson as it was determined that Russell did not lead with his helmet.

Oh... and..
Johnson said he has no hard feelings over the hit, which he described as a clean shot.

"I mean, it's the first time I've been hit in six years of playing the game," Johnson said. "It's about time someone's gotten a lick."
:D

SeanBruschi54 said:
His team WAS winning. WAS being the key word. Your telling me you wouldnt be furious after the game? Johnson was beating his man all day long he had a legitamate gripe about getting the ball to him more.

He wasn't furious after the game because they lost. He was furious at halftime. He was furious because he didn't get enough passes in the first half. The Bengals had a 17-14 lead at the time. Once again his team is ahead in the playoffs and he is fighting with his position coach because #85 hasn't gotten his love. And you think he is all about his team and teammates?

It wasn't about the offense struggling because they weren't. They rang up over 200 yards and 17 points and scored on 3 of their 4 possesions. They had a 17 play 7 minute TD drive in the middle of the 2nd quarter. They were doing this against one of the best defenses in football. The offense was playing great football at that point. To say that scoring on 75% of their possesions with any QB, nevermind their back-up QB is cause for a locker room tirade is just ridiculous.

I wonder if he'd have been so upset if he had 8 catches at the half but they were losing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back