PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chad Johnson hit and post game press conference...(videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I like CJ. That looked like a nasty nasty hit. Hope he's okay soon.

That was a terrible hit....hope he recovers....:(

I like him as a player and think all of the talking and showboating he does is hilarious but that all comes with a price. I think he laid a few dollars down on that hit. :D

The interview afterwards is pretty spooky. That has to be the #1 all time JACKED UP!

Now I know what my father meant, when he said:

"I'll knock you into next week !"

R

This one was all on the Bengals coaches.

Next time Marvin Lewis will probably think twice about throwing the ball with all his stars in the game that was 34-10 with 2 minutes left.

the second video is kinda funny

"how did baabababadoo guys.....HUUUUUUEEEE"

After he says Hue he looks like he gets nauseau, and is ready to puke inside his shirt.

Last edited:
He asked how did Bodden do (referring to Leigh Bodden, the cornerback that was covering him). As for who Hugh is, I have no idea. Maybe that's his nickname for Houshmandzadeh?

Sorry, the second link almost made me lose my adult beverage. :D Wow, that is one messed up individual. And they said he didn't have a concussion?!? How is that possible given that interview? That is one punch-drunk concussed dude.

On the hit itself... that's only illegal if he used his helmet, right? If that's a shoulder to the face, it's okay isn't it? Or is it that whole 'defenseless reciever' thing? Just hard to tell on YouTube resolution... all I can see is one hellacious hit.

Doesn't seem to have been posted yet, so here's the link to the espn story on the hit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2596441

Whether he's accurate about the Browns' intent, he certainly is taking this manfully. For all his showboating, Johnson's no whiner. Consider me a bit impressed.

kolbitr said:
Doesn't seem to have been posted yet, so here's the link to the espn story on the hit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2596441

Whether he's accurate about the Browns' intent, he certainly is taking this manfully. For all his showboating, Johnson's no whiner. Consider me a bit impressed.
Thats why he has so many fans outside the Bengals fanbase.

He's all about winning and trash talking but if he gets shown up he says he gets shown up. He can dish it out and take it, and if he takes it he smiles and makes sure hes better prepared for the next game.

He's the only WR i would ever give multiple number 1 picks for.

dhamz said:
This one was all on the Bengals coaches.

Next time Marvin Lewis will probably think twice about throwing the ball with all his stars in the game that was 34-10 with 2 minutes left.

Another reason to despise the Bungles. Thug coach, thug team, and now they like to run up the score too, it seems.

As for Chad Johnson: you can have him. Loudmouthed, disrespectful, self-absorbed diva-jocks make me ill. If I'm running a team, punks like him aren't even in my area code.

Oh man he is so out of it in that interview. His eyes are glazed over and he just seems like he doesn't really know what he's talking about.

Johnson epitomizes much of what I dislike about the NFL. He's part of a seemingly never-ending supply of arrogant wide receivers who think they're more important than the team they play for. Nice to see him get clocked.

That being said I hope he's okay physically.

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
Johnson epitomizes much of what I dislike about the NFL. He's part of a seemingly never-ending supply of arrogant wide receivers who think they're more important than the team they play for. Nice to see him get clocked.
Obviously you dont know Chad Johnson. He doesnt believe that at all. He's all about his teammates. He took a very reasonable contract restructuring when he could of had a ton more cash in FA.

The only thing he believes in is that he is the best WR in the NFL today (not that absurd) and that no one can stop him (thats his challenge to everyone).

Man, he almost got his blond mohawk knocked off. What a hit, maybe he won't be putting down other teams CB's any more. I actually enjoyed that hit, almost as much as seeing T.O. getting knocked around, he took some viscious hits too. CJ is too mouthy for my liking, he got what he deserved.

Hey, now he's [size=+1]REALLY[/size] a [size=+3]FATHEAD ![/size]

johnson_chad.jpg

From John Clayton:

"Meeting of the mouths? Chad Johnson was a little subdued -- and funny -- Wednesday. The Bengals wide receiver is still recovering from a bone-jarring, helmet-removing hit during Sunday's game against the Browns. He said he can't turn his head to the left, he can't look to the right, he can't raise his right shoulder and he can't eat McDonald's because he's on a liquid diet due to a sore jaw. "It's the first time I got hit in six years," Johnson said. "Somebody's got to pay." So Johnson called out Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, whom he called the mouth of the team. He wants Porter to meet him in the middle of the field Sunday when the two teams meet. "

Wow Chad.....I'm a big fan and all....but thats a death wish right there.

RPCity said:
From John Clayton:
He wants Porter to meet him in the middle of the field Sunday when the two teams meet. "

I'm sure that Porter will be 'meeting' him all over the field on Sunday.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back