PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chad Johnson Goes Crazy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd_Christmas said:
I thought Marv looked odd at the post game press conference... not just the typical "we just lost an important game" look. I chalked it up to Palmer going down, but now I tend to think this rumor/report may be true.

Did you also hear him say that the Bengals were not going to cry about the injury to Palmer, like their (meaning Steelers) quarterback did? That was strange.

no way this is true. like some of yall have said, it would be all over the news.

if it ends up true... then my man chad has fallen :(

Florio (from PFT) was on Felger this afternoon and says it's definitely true, there are too many sources who saw it. He blames it for the loss, they were ahead at the time but seemed to play a lot worse after the half.

Whoaaa...lots of updates on this story.

First, Chad has denied that anything unusual happened during halftime. Here's the link.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/10/johnson.html

PFT isn't backing down from its claims. Quoting PFT...

TRUTH COMING OUT ON JOHNSON FIGHT

1360 WSAI in Cincinnati corroborates our report regarding the halftime locker room fight involving Bengals receiver Chad Johnson and receivers coach Hue Jackson and head coach Marvin Lewis.

At the radio station's blog is the following entry, posted at 3:48 p.m. EST on January 10:

<<< adding link to radio station's blog: http://lance1360homer.com/blog.asp >>>

"David Lapham confirms that after talking to various Bengals players, there was an incident coming out of the lockerroom Sunday..........and 'something did happen' that included a scuffle between Chad Johnson and WR Coach Hue Jackson. TJ did jump in to seperate [sic] .... followed by Marvin jumping in. Lap cannot confirm a punch was thrown. Lap was told by defensive players that they heard it. And an offensive player did confirm what went down to Lap. Lap did indicate that Anthony Mitchell and Madeiu Williams did nudge and kick each other last night on Bengals Line....in an effort to not talk about it on the air. Mitchell did say, 'there were fireworks' at halftime."

Apparently Chad is going to hold a press conference in less than 30 mins at 6:00 (7:00 EST). Hmmmm...

mgteich said:
Oh sure, cut him. We would first in line to bid for his services, as we were for Dillon.
Oh, Jeez. Here we go. Another "Dillon is the same as TO" thread.

Edit: We were first in line for Dillon after the Bengals cut him? I thought Oakland was first, but I don't recall him getting cut.

Anyway, dumb post.

Last edited:
spacecrime said:
Oh, Jeez. Here we go. Another "Dillon is the same as TO" thread.

Edit: We were first in line for Dillon after the Bengals cut him? I thought Oakland was first, but I don't recall him getting cut.

Anyway, dumb post.

Speaking of oakland, what if they cut chad and then he goes there?

2 awsome receivers... no qb, no oline. would be another arizona

This is a report on Chad's press conference (sounds like it was brief) and some further background comments from the Cincinnati Enquirer. Sounds like something happened or somebody else from amongst the players and coaches would have Chad's back and be backing his denial. No comment in this situation is tantamount to an admission that something they don't want to discuss happened.

"Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson tonight held a press conference to deny an Internet story that claimed he was involved in an altercation with Bengals coaches on Sunday.

Calling the story "ridiculous," Johnson said he had nothing but respect for the fans, the media, and especially his coaches.

"There's never been a confrontation, ever, and especially with a coach," Johnson said.

Referring to injured Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, Johnson said: "Carson's out. Now somebody's trying to put Chad out. It's not fair."

The press conference was the result of a story that was posted on the Web site profootballtalk.com. The story claimed Johnson was involved in an altercation with receivers coach Hue Jackson and head coach Marvin Lewis Sunday during halftime of the Bengals-Steelers playoff game.

Johnson said he had no idea where the story came from. Earlier today, on Lance McAlister's sports talk radio show on 1360-AM, Bengals analyst Dave Lapham said a player on the Bengals offense confirmed that a confrontation did occur at halftime between Johnson and members of the coaching staff.

Jackson did not return a message left this morning on his office phone at Paul Brown Stadium.

Earlier today, Johnson told the Enquirer: “(The story) sounds like drama. At halftime, I was getting an IV. Nothing happened. Why don’t you talk to the coaches, they’re all down there today.â€

All day, the Bengals refused to comment on the story.

“We don’t comment on rumors,†Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said.

The Bengals led 17-14 at the halftime of Sunday's game, but lost 31-17 in the wildcard game.

The Web site reported that Johnson was unhappy about the lack of passes thrown to him, three with two completions in the first half.

Johnson caught two of the three attempts in his direction in the second half to finish with four receptions for 59 yards.

In post-game interviews Sunday, defensive tackle John Thornton was among the handful of players who talked in general about the lack of cohesion and that the team concept was lost and must be regained.

Thornton, reached this morning via cell phone, said, “I can’t confirm or deny anything that happened in the locker room.â€

Thornton did say Sunday that the issue did not involve rookie players.

In his post-game comments Sunday, Lewis alluded, generally, to a problem, saying, “We came in here as a football team and we need to leave out of here as a football team and understand that it's about working through the tough times. You work through the critical points in the game and do you job.â€

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060110/SPT02/301100008

Even if this is not true, CJ is a TO waiting to happen IMO

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
Actually, I've found them extremely reliable - they're clear when something is just a rumor, they give a sense of how reliable each particular source is, and when they make a mistake, they don't try to hide it. I think they're terrific. Seriously.

I enjoy reading pro football talk...much better than 99% of the others.

What other football website is better? I am curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes