PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chad Greenway out for year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I feel bad for not only Greenway but the fans as well. As fans looked foward to seeing Greenway possibly upgrading the defense now has to wait one LONG YEAR. Greenway injured his knee covering a kickoff in the first preseason game. Pre-season sucks! Get rid of IT NOW!

Good thing we went Maroney in the 1st :)

Stuff like that is so frustrating. I hold my breath for practically the entiring preseason and TC.

thats too bad, hate to see that happen to a player

I saw the replay and didn't think it looked major at all from what was visible. I didn't even really see the joint bend funny or anything, it just looked like a direct shot which would normally result in a deep bruise or something. Maybe I saw the wrong replay. But it just goes to show you that you can never tell from the replay (except in the case of Rodney Harrison or Willis McGahee).

Brownfan80 said:
I saw the replay and didn't think it looked major at all from what was visible. I didn't even really see the joint bend funny or anything, it just looked like a direct shot which would normally result in a deep bruise or something. Maybe I saw the wrong replay. But it just goes to show you that you can never tell from the replay (except in the case of Rodney Harrison or Willis McGahee).

Hmmm... I saw the replay and thought I saw one of those "knees aren't supposed to go in that direction" moments, like Harrison's.

It's a shame, I followed Greenway a lot since I thought we were going to go LB in the first round. As a first rounder, you always are excited about the prospect of a guy like Greenway making a difference on your defense, this is a real shame for the Vikings, whom I don't hat anymore since they dumped Moss.

Isaac said:
Hmmm... I saw the replay and thought I saw one of those "knees aren't supposed to go in that direction" moments, like Harrison's.

Maybe I did see the wrong replay afterall then. lol

bad news expecially when this happens on TC or pre-season

on regular season it is another matter imho

but, as mentioned, see a first round pick (Maroney included...) on ST it is from my simple point of view unbelieveble but i could be wrong

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
Stuff like that is so frustrating. I hold my breath for practically the entiring preseason and TC.

You got that right. Training camp used to be a source of excitement for me. The season is almost here yada yada yada. Now it's a daily grind of checking who got hurt and who missed practice. I've gotten to where I couldn't care less about what happens in camp, position battles etc, as long as nobody goes down with a serious injury. Every day is pins and needles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes