OT: CBSSports.com columnist says Colts deserve to lose early in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Reining in Colts a perfectly awful idea - CBSSports.com

This is about as upfront as you could get reading this guys column and how he feels its a true travesty if the Colts get past the first game of the playoffs.

Usually you don't see an article like this in a national syndicated column and more so expected from a local blog writer of the local area team so the backlash of this guys article should create some fun fireworks for CBS Sports readers,especially Colts fans.

Last edited:
Re: OT: CBSSports.com columnist wants Colts deservingly to lose

I'd be curious to hear how different the national conversation would be this week if the Colts played their starters the whole game for the win, and Manning ended up with a dislocated shoulder, or Wayne banged up his knee...

I'd be curious to hear how different the national conversation would be this week if the Colts played their starters the whole game for the win, and Manning ended up with a dislocated shoulder, or Wayne banged up his knee...

Ahh, lame argument. Any one of their stars could have been injured in the first half of that game. Please. You go for the win or you don't play your stars so they don't get injured.

Ok, and what if Manning breaks his hand on a linemans helmet during practice? Will we then say the Colts shouldn't practice before playoff games? Injuries can happen at any time, and we're talking about a guy who has never missed a game in his career. Them not going for it was a cowardly move.

I think the larger issue is the implications it has on other teams making the post-season. I am not going to guarantee the Jets lose if the starters play, but more than likely that would have been the outcome.

At that point the Jets would have been eliminated and another team would be in the wildcard, Denver? If I were the GM / owner of the team that doesn't make it because the Colts roll over I would be wild.

You wonder if Caldwell's job is in jeopardy if the team does not win SB 44 despite the great RS record of 14-2 or 15-1?

Gambling moves like that are dangerous to your job security if you are not named Belichick - ask Marty Shottenheimer of how much a 14-2 team kept his job.

Last edited:
I dont normally like reading Whitlock but this is priceless:

"Knocking boots with Beyonce has never been one of my goals, but if presented the opportunity, you best believe I won’t labor through 20 minutes of foreplay and signal for Curtis Painter to finish the job."

WooHoo!

You wonder if Caldwell's job is in jeopardy if the team does not win SB 44 despite the great RS record of 14-2 or 15-1?

Gambling moves like that are dangerous to your job security if you are not named Belichick - ask Marty Shottenheimer of how much a 14-2 team kept his job.

Polian probably made the call, but Caldwell could take the fall.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes