PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Cassel may have a Kingdom....

Status
Not open for further replies.
pEOPLE HARP ON THE JETS BECAUSE WITH ALL THAT TALENT they have signed they only manage to be barley beaten sub 500 teams.

Teams get amped to play the Jets this season, maybe even more than the Patriots, because of all the yap yap yapping they do. The Jets have been the NFL's most talked about team this past year. Think about it like this: They were on Hard Knocks. They have a boisterous head coach who guaranteed a Superbowl win. They had their all world CB engage in a nasty public holdout. They have 5 games in front of a national audience. They made the AFC Championship game last season. The Jets were talking like they were Superbowl champs and not the Saints. As a result, they are the biggest target of any team in the NFL..the most anticipated match-up. That's why it's hard for actual Superbowl champs to repeat.

The Jets get the maximum effort, the maximum game planning, the maximum everything from every NFL team they have played/will play this season. As a result, the blowout wins that people expect of this talented team just aren't happening. They just don't meet the intensity that those teams under .500 come out the gate with. A perfect example would be the generally slow starts the Jets have had this season versus those same teams. The only games the Jets have scored a touchdown in the first quarter were vs. the AFC East. Those were the teams they were highly motivated to play because Rex Ryan was driving it in their heads to win the division before worrying about anything else.

This is why...I think...the Jets have managed to only barely beat sub .500 teams.

Thank you for your time.

Teams get amped to play the Jets this season, maybe even more than the Patriots, because of all the yap yap yapping they do. The Jets have been the NFL's most talked about team this past year. Think about it like this: They were on Hard Knocks. They have a boisterous head coach who guaranteed a Superbowl win. They had their all world CB engage in a nasty public holdout. They have 5 games in front of a national audience. They made the AFC Championship game last season. The Jets were talking like they were Superbowl champs and not the Saints. As a result, they are the biggest target of any team in the NFL..the most anticipated match-up. That's why it's hard for actual Superbowl champs to repeat.

The Jets get the maximum effort, the maximum game planning, the maximum everything from every NFL team they have played/will play this season. As a result, the blowout wins that people expect of this talented team just aren't happening. They just don't meet the intensity that those teams under .500 come out the gate with. A perfect example would be the generally slow starts the Jets have had this season versus those same teams. The only games the Jets have scored a touchdown in the first quarter were vs. the AFC East. Those were the teams they were highly motivated to play because Rex Ryan was driving it in their heads to win the division before worrying about anything else.

This is why...I think...the Jets have managed to only barely beat sub .500 teams.

Thank you for your time.

I'm sorry but That's bull****.....

Are you telling me the jets are taken more seriously than the pats, steelers , colts, and chargers? The same team that has not been to the superbowl in 40 years and have not won the division since 2002?

Give me a break....

Last edited:
I'm sorry but That's bull****.....

Are you telling me the jets are taken more seriously than the pats, steelers , colts, and chargers? The same team that has not been to the superbowl in 40 years and have not won the division since 2002?

Give me a break....

In regards to being taken more seriously this season, and this season only, then yes, I do happen to be telling you that. You're going off of history and that's fine. I'm just taking the 2010 calendar year and encapsulating it when I state that the New York Jets are the most bulls-eyed team this season. Really it's not even close. The fact that we haven't won a division since 2002 and a championship since 1969 makes all the tough brash talk we've been doing this season even more out of whack. Oh don't get me wrong...people are up to play you guys, the Colts, the Steelers etc. But for this season...Everyone wants to shut the Jets the F**K up! You can't deny that.

In regards to being taken more seriously this season, and this season only, then yes, I do happen to be telling you that. You're going off of history and that's fine. I'm just taking the 2010 calendar year and encapsulating it when I state that the New York Jets are the most bulls-eyed team this season. Really it's not even close. The fact that we haven't won a division since 2002 and a championship since 1969 makes all the tough brash talk we've been doing this season even more out of whack. Oh don't get me wrong...people are up to play you guys, the Colts, the Steelers etc. But for this season...Everyone wants to shut the Jets the F**K up! You can't deny that.

LOL, i think you take the jets way too highly. No one forgot that the jets stumbled their way into the playoffs by beating a colts teams that clearly were dogging it.

No one really cares about a unproven team like the jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back