PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Carson Palmer to demand a trade from Bengals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Palmer against good competition. Hes mediocre now..its the truth. Look at his last play of the year. That sums up Palmer the last 5 years in a nutshell.

Just tweeted by Mortensen:

I think Bengals might become a better team now ;)

But I can't see him getting many enquiries!

This is hilarious.....I don't think he is going to get too much argument from the Bungles!!!

Whats going to hurt him is, he can't be traded for 2011 draft picks until the new CBA is in place which may not happen until after the draft.

People don't nearly give Palmer enough credit, imho this was his worst year as an NFL starter, he has played with a terrible organization since he was drafted. They continue to not draft right, never acquire any good FA, they got a so called "washed-up" T.O. and that significantly helped Palmer. If you gave him a better line, he would be fine, But honestly the Bengals would hurt a lot more than Palmer would, he is a franchise QB.
I agree (but "franchise QB" is overstatement), which brings me to...
Screw that, lol. If you honestly think that Palmer is worse than Chad Henne, there has got to be something wrong with you. Henne has already proved he can chew up our young D, Palmer with a O-Line's like the Dolphins would definitely make some plays.
Yeah, I don't want him in Miami, Buffalo or NY. He's better than what all 3 of them have.

But Henne hasn't proved anything.

I wouldn't consider Palmer a good QB anymore. In 2005, I thought he would be considered in the same breath as Brady and Manning. It just never seemed like he returned from that injury in the playoffs.

Now, he floats the ball when he throws and makes awful decisions (some of his picks were thrown into triple coverage without pressure). It is not a pleasure to watch him play QB as he tends to make you realize how good the Pats have it. He has been on teams with plenty of receiving talent and just can't get it done.

With that said, the Vikings still have decent talent overall but have no QB, so with the right coordinator he may represent a value added. I wouldn't break the bank for him at this stage of his career (he appears older than his 8 seasons would suggest).

He has the talent to be a dramatic upgrade for a dozen franchises. Problem is most anything would be for them. While the Bungles share the blame for his failure to develop, a lot of that falls on him. He had it easy at USC. He never worked on his own skill set as a pro, probably didn't believe he had to. That was glaringly apparent on his last throw of his eighth season. And he has zero leadership quality.

That said, naturally the Bungles crack ownership has told him no way... This has been like watching some bizzaro mexican standoff for the last couple of seasons. Nobody gets what they want or what they need yet they remained chained together for security like the deck chairs on the Titanic...by an owner on about the same delusional ego level as the morons who owned the White Star Line.

Arizona and Miami should be on the phone as we speak......

Carson has gone from a QB many predicted to be a future HOFer to what he is now....a journeyman JAG QB on the horizon...sad.

Cut the "Palmer sucks" crap. He has the worst OC in the history of football, who Mike Brown has refused to get rid of. Because of the OC, Palmer gets frustrated with an unreliable offense; he played LIGHTS OUT with the no-huddle hurry up offense this year; trust me, I watched all the Bengals games.

He could of been the next Peyton Manning. The Bengals screwed him over, and he's given himself a chance to be a star again. He's 31, so barring injury he still has good years left. Good decision.
I'm not sure I would annoint him the same caliber as Manning, but he sure as heck would be a lot better if he wasn't playing for one of the league's most pathetic franchises.

IMHO, he'd sure look good in AZ.

Apparently now he's threatening to retire if they don't trade him... Someone needs to tell them there is no way to trade him until a new CBA gets done... And no one believes he's gonna retire with 4 years and $50M left on the table, which when added to his wildly inconsistent performance and age and durability concerns will also impact his trade value. He's just trying to make it impossible for Brown to retain him. He's underestimating what Brown can do...LOL This is the guy who just followed picking up Ocho's $6M option with an extension for Marvin Lewis... He's already sunk upwards of $70-80M into Carson, he ain't gonna let go for a day 3 pick...

Cut the "Palmer sucks" crap. He has the worst OC in the history of football, who Mike Brown has refused to get rid of. Because of the OC, Palmer gets frustrated with an unreliable offense; he played LIGHTS OUT with the no-huddle hurry up offense this year; trust me, I watched all the Bengals games.

He could of been the next Peyton Manning. The Bengals screwed him over, and he's given himself a chance to be a star again. He's 31, so barring injury he still has good years left. Good decision.

I have to agree, but I don't think I'd put him next to Manning. But then again we'll never know since the Colts actually seem to have a clue about running a franchise.

Say real life turned into a bizaare Doctor Who episode and somehow the '85 Bears magically became the 2011 Bengals. They'd probably go 4-12 playing for Mike Brown too. He just doesn't care as long as he's making enough money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back