PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Can We Add More Emoticons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you go View attachment 1223 yourself?

Case in point: other than for an iceburn which will quickly become cliche what good is that smilie for?

I don't mind smilies as long as there is a purpose. Most of the ones on this page are either crap or will serve no purpose once the novelty wears off.

worshippyts3.gif

chettrevolutionshiftyce3.gif

trink12rf8.gif

la.gif

Attachments

• buzz_saw.gif
    buzz_saw.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 106
  • smileymobmassacre.gif
    smileymobmassacre.gif
    2.5 KB · Views: 102
  • knife.gif
    knife.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 99
  • eminem2.gif
    eminem2.gif
    1.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of smilies. I use them - must be the chick in me. But I'm in favor of a limited, but expressive supply. Maybe weed out some of those we currently have and replace them with some of the suggestions?

That said - once again big props to Ian and the mods for a great board. I hope we don't come across as *****ing or unappreciative.

Since the purpose of this thread is a suggestion, figured I’d add my own comments/concerns about the board…

-A board Questions/Suggestion sub-forum should be added. New Members forum is nice, but doesn’t quite suffice.

-User profiles don’t work/load. (Maybe just me?)

-10 character limit should be removed.

-When posting a poll, the topic itself is actually posted on the board without the poll, then the user is able to add their poll. The topic shouldn’t be posted until the poll has been made….

-Most message boards, when hovering over a topic title the last post is shown, not the first. I know some people like it as is, but I myself prefer the last post being shown as may others.

It's not just you. The profile thing hasn't worked in a while.

Well what I'd most like to see added is the cheers emote. I mean, after a good post it's the proper way to express agreement, or after anything positive really. It's like a must, it's not on football boards for some reason but it's a widely popular emote across a plethora of boards and thus I feel remiss not having it here.

Take a look at it guys, you know it tugs on your heart strings.

Attachments

• cheers.gif
    cheers.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 90
i've been on other teams forums that have had very nice team-oriented ones. for instance, steelers have one that is a yellow head waving a yellow towel. anyone know how to make these? they have their towel, maybe we get a tri-pointed hat smiley shooting a gun?

There should at least be Pats emoticons.

The ones we have currently are ok, but a tad generic. We should have some that are more custom to a Pats board.

Life is good. On many team boards they are discussing the need to have a QB and/or competent coaching. We are discussing the need of more smiley faces.

:)

at this point, we are running out of things to want for. smileys and a superbowl are all that is left!

I think these would work.....

banghead.gif

4321.gif

deadhorse.gif

th_coffee.gif

And a couple more possibilities:

blah.gif

moron.gif

Case in point: other than for an iceburn which will quickly become cliche what good is that smilie for?

I don't mind smilies as long as there is a purpose. Most of the ones on this page are either crap or will serve no purpose once the novelty wears off.

I want a dancing Wilfork smilie.

Last edited:
Here are some more..

Attachments

• an_baby.gif
    an_baby.gif
    723 bytes · Views: 63
  • smokesmall.gif
    smokesmall.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 62
  • +signs11-3+.gif
    +signs11-3+.gif