PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Caldwell cites many factors in Colts calling late timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning's face was priceless when they called that timeout. However, I tend to think that there's only one explanation. That explanation is that Caldwell may very well be the worst coach in the NFL.

Manning's face was priceless when they called that timeout. However, I tend to think that there's only one explanation. That explanation is that Caldwell may very well be the worst coach in the NFL.

Given his competition, that's actually saying something. . . . :eek:

Caldwell can say whatever he wants but in the end, it was completely the wrong call to make. Giving a shaky young QB a chance to compose himself was just stupid. That last pass was all on Edwards as Sanchez almost overthrew him....again.

If the Colts were smart they would fire him and replace him with P. Manning. Let him handle all football related decisions :D

It looked like the Jets were just going to run it a few more times to set up a very long FG for a guy known for choking, yet he called a timeout.

Probably the worst in-game decision of the season, considering it was a playoff game.

Last edited:

It was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while.

But can you make that claim with Gary Kubiak, Norv Turner, and Marvin Lewis still employed?

I agree the time-out was stupid, but the stupidest play was when they decided to go for a passing attempt on 3rd and 7 with 1:02 left (check me on all these numbers) while in field goal territory.

They should have ran the ball and forced the Jets to take their second time-out. I don't know if this is a call from Manning, Caldwell, or Moore. It was mind boggling and isn't getting the attention it deserves.

It was one of the stupidest things I've seen in a while.

But can you make that claim with Gary Kubiak, Norv Turner, and Marvin Lewis still employed?

None of those coaches have Peyton Manning to cover up their "dumbassery".

They should have ran the ball and forced the Jets to take their second time-out. I don't know if this is a call from Manning, Caldwell, or Moore. It was mind boggling and isn't getting the attention it deserves.

Whenever an unsuccessful offensive call is made, the coach made it.
Whenever a successful offensive call is made, Peyton made it.

According to the media, at least.

None of those coaches have Peyton Manning to cover up their "dumbassery".

True.

You don't really see Caldwell do anything, but when he rarely does, it's usually something stupid. That first challenge was a ridiculous waste of a time-out, and that last time-out probably cost them the game.

I like to make fun of him for not doing anything, but maybe it's better that way for the Colts.

i think the media goes overboard with manning making all the calls but he is usually right and esp he was right to be confused with this timeout. even during the chargers game he could be seen muttering "shouldve saved that timeout". his 2 min skills are impeccable in terms of time management and save a blair white missed catch, the jets wouldnt have gotten the ball back

That is idi-f***ing-otic [/Jim Mora]

A good example of this was in last year's Super Bowl.

Late in the first half, the Colts went three and out with 3 straight running plays. NO took advantage of the opportunity and kicked a field goal to end the half.

When asked about that sequence after the game, Manning said something to the effect of having to run the plays that were called.

I agree the time-out was stupid, but the stupidest play was when they decided to go for a passing attempt on 3rd and 7 with 1:02 left (check me on all these numbers) while in field goal territory.

Could not disagree more.

A first down there and the Colts win without the Jets ever touching the ball again. This is a team built around a hall of fame QB. You have to throw it there.

Now if you want to question the play call of rolling out Manning and having him throwing on the move I can see that. Running and setting up a 48 yd FG is the type of scared call that gets you beat every single time.

Could not disagree more.

A first down there and the Colts win without the Jets ever touching the ball again. This is a team built around a hall of fame QB. You have to throw it there.

Now if you want to question the play call of rolling out Manning and having him throwing on the move I can see that. Running and setting up a 48 yd FG is the type of scared call that gets you beat every single time.

actually,I take andrew's side but that is academic anyway....what REALLY makes my ears pr!ck up is calling a T.O. with 30 seconds left....WHY???????????????????????...OK, the T.O. is called and NOBODY does anything on the Colt sideline...they just stand there...then WTH did Caldwell call the T.O. for???To give his D a break??? Idiotic...amateurish....despite his reasons, indefensible.

Last edited:
actually,I take andrew's side but that is academic anyway....what REALLY makes my ears pr!ck up is calling a T.O. with 30 seconds left....WHY???????????????????????...OK, the T.O. is called and NOBODY does anything on the Colt sideline...they just stand there...then WTH did Caldwell call the T.O. for???To give his D a break??? Idiotic...amateurish....despite his reasons, indefensible.

Yeah, I was shocked no one made a big deal about that when it happened. It was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen, and the TV guys just shrugged it off like no big deal.

I would have loved to listen to Manning if he was mic'd up for that.

The timeout played no part in the Jets winning, and the QB still made a lousy pass. He was simply bailed out by his receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots