PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Buying Pats jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlainOldEd

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hey all, my wife ordered me a Chandler Jones jersey for Xmas from a site called "www.officialnewenglandpatriotsproshop.com" which actually isn't the proshop, that is "http://proshop.patriots.com/" and it was late arriving for Christmas. Now she was starting to get worried that it was a scam, but it eventually did come and when it did, boy was I happy. She had ordered the $90 version, so even though the description said "embroidered" name and number I assumed that that wasn't true and it would have the iron on type lettering. It didn't, it has the sewn on name, numbers pats insignia everything, and it had the "official NFLPA" tags and labels so it isn't actually a knock-off.

I just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone is shopping for a jersey.

Mods if you feel the need to kill this thread I wouldn't be offended. :D

There are dozens of jersey sites in which you can get full on field replicas for 35 bucks shipped

are they any good, though? good quality?

Mine is perfect. There are some loose threads but nothing I haven't seen on real ones. Sizing is spot on too. The stitched on numbers and letters are a little stiffer than the real ones, but nothing that truly detracts.

I've worn mine to games and the bar and not only is it better than everyone else's by default (being stitch on and heavier than the iron on ones) but when I do see a real on field it looks no different.

Get the reebok ones though - I don't think the Nike ones have been properly copied yet.

Last edited:
it's one of the fake Chinese sites..there are tons out there and i can get jerseys for $35 bucks with all stitched.

Chinese knock-offs. Huge pet peeve of mine. And the quality is significantly worse than the officially licensed product.

Some people don't care, I know, but it's something that irks me.

Chinese knock-offs. Huge pet peeve of mine. And the quality is significantly worse than the officially licensed product.

This.

If you have ANY questions about a jersey do a google search, you'll be able to find every single last detail that proves if it's authentic or not. Some jerseys will pass every test except that last one, be careful.

If you found an authentic for under $90, chances are it's fake. The NFL always does an exclusive deal with whatever company at the time, meaning right now Nike is the only one that can produce a genuine authentic jersey.

$250 for a jersey irks me.

Glad I got the $100 day after one, still looks like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's one of the fake Chinese sites..there are tons out there and i can get jerseys for $35 bucks with all stitched.

Can you tell the difference?

On the note of jerseys, anyone know a site that still sells the Reebok jerseys? The Nike ones are horrendous.

Can you tell the difference?

i have a welker and a brady one..you can tell but only if you are looking closely or comparing it. Not paying $250 for a jersey i can get for 35

Everyone saying the Nike jerseys are horrendous is outta their mind. The Nike jerseys are 5X nicer than the reeboks hands down.

I don't see why a 35 dollar stitch on is any faker than a 80 dollar iron on.

i have a welker and a brady one..you can tell but only if you are looking closely or comparing it. Not paying $250 for a jersey i can get for 35

Would you mind sending me a PM with the site? Please and thanks :)

Everyone saying the Nike jerseys are horrendous is outta their mind. The Nike jerseys are 5X nicer than the reeboks hands down.

I've got a couple of shirts, "Gronk Knows" and "Patriots Just Do It" along with the new BB hoodie and I'm really impressed with the quality of the products. I wish the NFL shop wouldn't try to make me, a Canadian, pay a "international shipping fee", pretty f'n lame, good thing I've gotten the 3 items off of eBAY.

Got a Chinese Nike knockoff a week or so ago, and compared it to my mother's $250 Brady Nike jersey. As someone mentioned, the numbers are a bit stiffer on the Chinese version and there are a couple of loose threads on the lower hem, but the quality of the number/name stitching and applique is quite good. I've got a couple years experience in an embroidery shop and I've seen my fair share of garments and applique. The Chinese have done a decent job.

This brings me to another point. The idea of Chinese knockoffs being woefully inferior is a very 2005-esque point of view. In several different sectors, the Chinese have proven that they can replicate more expensive American/Euro/Japanese parts/products pretty faithfully. For the older crowd, this might resemble the perspective on the Japanese in the 1950s versus the 1980s. Things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes