PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT but pretty funny -- ESPN live chat on right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

khayos

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12202

EDIT: Looks like they cleaned it up, made me laugh for whatever reason. Especially with the Pats fan feeling ignored.

Someone goofed up Dan Arkush's setup, he's posting the same response over and over e.g.

Gary (St. Louis, MO): I, as a Rams fan realistically see us being 8-8 or 9-7, what are your thoughts?

Dan Arkush: (4:35 PM ET ) I think that's about right, Gary, with the Cardinals improving enough to leap-frog them in the West. I like the new coach, though, and I eventually see them being a steady contender again. Steven Jackson is going to explode one of these days.

Heidi, Boston: Can you answer a Pats question for once? I feel like the Patriots are the forgotten stepchild. Do you really see Miami overtaking NE for the division? No matter how much Miami has improved, I think I'd still take Brady over Culpepper and Belichick over Saban.

Dan Arkush: (4:36 PM ET ) I think that's about right, Gary, with the Cardinals improving enough to leap-frog them in the West. I like the new coach, though, and I eventually see them being a steady contender again. Steven Jackson is going to explode one of these days.

Jeremy, Phx: Boldin and Fitzgerald the best receiving tandom in the NFL?? If not then who??

Dan Arkush: (4:37 PM ET ) I think that's about right, Gary, with the Cardinals improving enough to leap-frog them in the West. I like the new coach, though, and I eventually see them being a steady contender again. Steven Jackson is going to explode one of these days.

EDIT: And after the clean up!!!

Heidi, Boston: What happened to my Patriots question? I guess I'm right -- they really are the forgotten stepchild. Why wouldn't anyone in their right mind take Brady over Culpepper and Belichick over Saban? That's why I'm picking the Pats to win the division -- they have the clear edge in the two most important areas.

Dan Arkush: (4:52 PM ET ) Heidi, sorry about that. We're having some transmission problems. Let me just say that I can never forget about the Pats as long as Brady is the QB and Belichick iks the head coach, but I think you have to be concerned about some of their latest departures, especially Vinatieri and Givens. Interestingly, this looks like a team that is going to have to depend on its rookie crop perhaps than any other team if you include the kid PK Gostkowski. Chad jackson absolutely has to come through for them, too.

Go Heidi Go!

Last edited:
Dan Arkush: (4:00 PM ET ) Not only do I think Miami will make it to the playoffs, Stephen. I believe that, if Daunte Culpepper is back to being the Daunte of old, they could make a very serious bid to make it to the Super Bowl in their own friendly surroundings. Their extremely strong finish last season was no mirage. But again, Culpepper is the key, and from all I'm hearing, he's looked real good so far this offseason.

This answer was enough for me.

He really needs to look at the teams they beat before he starts denying the mirage. The only two good ones were New England (who barely fielded a team) and SD (who's audibles Miami reportedly knew thanks to Miami having SD's OL coach from the year before). Oakland, Buffalo, Jets, Tenessee were the others.

BelichickFan said:
Dan Arkush: (4:00 PM ET ) Not only do I think Miami will make it to the playoffs, Stephen. I believe that, if Daunte Culpepper is back to being the Daunte of old, they could make a very serious bid to make it to the Super Bowl in their own friendly surroundings. Their extremely strong finish last season was no mirage. But again, Culpepper is the key, and from all I'm hearing, he's looked real good so far this offseason.

This answer was enough for me.

He really needs to look at the teams they beat before he starts denying the mirage. The only two good ones were New England (who barely fielded a team) and SD (who's audibles Miami reportedly knew thanks to Miami having SD's OL coach from the year before). Oakland, Buffalo, Jets, Tenessee were the others.

But those teams were for the most part the same teams the Patriots beat earlier in the year to pad their record as well (except Tenn). Miami earlier in the year also beat very good teams in Carolina and Denver.

I know we play largely the same schedule. But the Patriots didn't blow chunks against the rest of the schedule. And they went on to win a playoff game. And almost win a playoff game on the road. And had won the two previous SB to show there's some meat in them - as opposed to the Dolphins who beat weak teams and did nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes