PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT but loosely related, media caught inventing story again

Status
Not open for further replies.
He screwed up, but it's not like locals don't get wasted and do the same thing they did or worse every night in Rio. His big mistake was false communication of a crime and the whole fake story he came up with. Of course Rio law enforcement agencies wanted to make a name out of this.

He paid his bail and clarified the situation, now they want him to come back to Brazil for new inquiries? Just because he kicked a door, give me a break.

He screwed up, but it's not like locals don't get wasted and do the same thing they did or worse every night in Rio. His big mistake was false communication of a crime and the whole fake story he came up with. Of course Rio law enforcement agencies wanted to make a name out of this.

He paid his bail and clarified the situation, now they want him to come back to Brazil for new inquiries? Just because he kicked a door, give me a break.

Was it actually proven that he did in fact kick in a door? I thought all they did was tear down a poster then The Mechanic pulls out a gun?

It's not the crime, it's the cover up. Should have learned from Hernandez.

Was it actually proven that he did in fact kick in a door? I thought all they did was tear down a poster then The Mechanic pulls out a gun?
He was in the bathroom for 90 seconds, they did a sports science and found that was just enough time to kick into a bathroom. They brought in Drew Brees to ESPN to see if he could tell the difference between a door bring kicked down and a door not being kicked down. Evidence is damning...

Can't confirm that for you, I didn't follow the story too close, yeah they put down a board that was on the wall and I heard they kicked the men's room door and screwed up the room, well it's very likely that men's room was already ****ed up, you only use a men's room in a gas station here if you're in a real need. That doesn't make them any right of course. They messed up but the story was blown out of proportion imho, he was stupid to come up with those lies.

Last edited:
Can't confirm that for you, I didn't follow the story too close, yeah they put down a board that was on the wall and I heard they kicked the men's room door and screwed up the room, well it's very likely that men's room was already ****ed up, you just use a men's room in a gas station here if you're in a real need. That doesn't make them any right of course. They messed up but the story was blown out of proportion imho, he was stupid to come up with those lies.
No evidence was found that the bathroom was vandalized. Only part he seemed to have made up was that he was captain cool with a gun pointed at him.

He was in the bathroom for 90 seconds, they did a sports science and found that was just enough time to kick into a bathroom. They brought in Drew Brees to ESPN to see if he could tell the difference between a door bring kicked down and a door not being kicked down. Evidence is damning...

Yea I guess it's compelling, if not overwhelming.

Mark Brunell is still crying over it.

Can't confirm that for you, I didn't follow the story too close, yeah they put down a board that was on the wall and I heard they kicked the men's room door and screwed up the room, well it's very likely that men's room was already ****ed up, you just use a men's room in a gas station here if you're in a real need. That doesn't make them any right of course. They messed up but the story was blown out of proportion imho, he was stupid to come up with those lies.

Ok so it was a board. At any rate we are talking about maybe $20 worth of damage. Lying about it was wrong. Pulling out a gun was absurd.

Never F around in a foreign country. Dumb-asses

I used to go on golf trips to Myrtle Beach and to Bruins games in Montreal with a fairly large group of guys. I stopped going because of the drunken fools who made us all look bad.

Between our own media's slanted coverage and actual incidents like the one in Rio, it's no wonder the rest of the world looks at us as ugly Americans. Too often we are.

It was an all-around cluster-F. They were tools. They got the shake-down, and probably felt like they got robbed. Idiot told his mother they got robbed. She made a big deal out of it. It blew up from there, he kept lying/embellishing. Everyone sucks. Brazil isn't safe. His IQ is double-digits, and it probably isn't even a close call.

Brazil should have probably let it go, because now everyone realizes that an acceptable form of justice in Brazil is the gun wielding shakedown. Do they really think people believe Brazil is safe because of this "clarification"? And did they really have to further shakedown the other swimmers and "fine" them before giving them back their passports? Again, if the concern was that their lies made Brazil look corrupt and unsafe, the behavior of Brazil after the fact didn't exactly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back