Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT but Divisional: Turk gets a visit from the Turk - Schonert Dismissed

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JSn, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  2. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

3 OC fired in about a week. Crazy. The Bills are a total mess right now, this should be a stress free Week 1.
  4. Urgent

Urgent Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

I've never seen anything like this.
    KC, Tampa Bay, now Buffalo - all can OC's the week before the season starts.

I agree that there will be impact.
    Even if it takes the team a second or two more to select and communicate a play a couple times during a game, that has an impact - less time to react to the defense, more pressure to get the snap off. If you don't go through pre-season calling and communicating the plays, there has to be a disadvantage.
  5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +207 / 16 / -38

#50 Jersey

I don't think there has ever been a pre-season where 3 OCs hired during the Off-season were fired before the season even got started. I think that the TB case will have the most impact on the team and not in a positive way. In fact, I think it shows that Raheem Morris is in over his head.

In KC, Haley kept the previous OC in an attempt to keep some cohesion. However, it was clear that the previous OC and he didn't see eye to eye and Haley decided to take over.

In Buffalo, Schonert had been with the team for 3 seasons as the OC. I find it puzzling that Jauron would make the change now. I'm not sure what changed since the end of the season and now, but clearly something did that forced Jauron to make a switch.. I just hope it wasn't T.O. forcing the issue. If it was, the Jauron has bigger issues.

Raheem Morris was hired during the off-season and Jags was one of the first hires he made. Morris should have been able to tell during the passing camps whether or not Jags was going to work out. Waiting until a week prior to the start of the season says, to me, that Morris doesn't have a firm grasp on the situation. And if he doesn't have a firm grasp on the situation. And if he doesn't have a firm grasp there, what other bad decisions did he make in his hirings that will impeded him from being successful.. To mean, its spells a world of hurt for TB.
  6. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What's amusing is browsing the Bills boards for the last couple of weeks there has been an increasingly held belief that the stinking of their offense had been intentional. Theory being the coaching staff were so confident in the dominating nature of this version of the K-Gun that they decided to keep it under wraps until the regular season. Turns out it's untrue.
  7. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Bahaha, for real? Maybe we're hiding a monster 3-4 behind the 4-3 preseason D too...
  8. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +731 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Buffalo's got some significant problems. They've overrated that quarterback and given him a lousy line in front of him. Given that he's been fragile, that's just a recipe for disaster. Whether it's T.O. losing it after about 3 games or Edwards' porcelain body shattering, I can see doom for Buffalo very early on in the season.
  9. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +542 / 6 / -0

It is amazing. I wonder whether TB and Buffalo would have pulled the trigger if KC hadn't shown the guts to first. It's a bit of a wake-up call to other teams to realize "wow...we could actually do that. Are we truly better off with this guy or without him?"
  10. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +432 / 5 / -1

Apparently, that hurry up offense of Buffalo is right on track.

This is crazy that all these OCs are getting canned even before one snap of the regular season.
  11. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Van Pelt is a guy who admitted he didn't prepare one week in a game against the Patriots. He gave the worst performance ever from a backup.
  12. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

How are they going to run the K gun without a QB? Edwards is awful. If they pull this season out, it's going to be one of the biggest surprises I have ever witnessed.
  13. Gwedd

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

No wonder TO is laying low. Prolly realizes what a mistake his signing with Buffalo was.

That doesn't bode well at all for those around him... :eek:
  14. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Does anyone smell TO at work here?
  15. NE39

NE39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, that was Billy Joe Hobert.
  16. JGaffney

JGaffney PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What will really bake your noodle is the question of why you would want to merge the K gun with a bend-but-don't-break defense. No-huddle quick drives plus long grinding defensive stands does not bode well for the later quarters' defensive heroics. I assume that's part of why we have so rarely used the no-huddle in regular gameplay.

Also questionable when the no-huddle seems to be in place to let your 3-and-outs happen even faster. I actually feel bad for the Bills this year - the opener could go either way, it's Any Given Monday and we're always at our strongest later in the season when we have more data to analyze on teams. But overall for this year the Bills just look like they'll be hurting.
  17. Gwedd

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

You know, I agree with this. I've always had an interest in the Bill's, except when we were playing them, of course, and they have a really strong fan base that deserves better than what they've gotten the past few years.
  18. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -2

#24 Jersey

Ain't it the truth. Looking forward to seeing them.
  19. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Adam Shefter was reporting that the firing came from the owner...something must have been up between Schonert and Wilson to make Wilson want him gone.
  20. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They were in trouble even without the firing...at least now they have an excuse for being bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.