PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Bucs kicker Matt Bryant's 6 month old son found dead in crib today

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wonderful 3 month old baby dies tragically and some media member asks Gruden if Matt will play on sunday against Green Bay?

Shows you how cold hearted the media is

I would be shocked to see Matt on sunday - This is not something you can brush aside for a game,its way too emotionally deep and horrifying to any mother or father.

Didn't Favre play just after his father died? People grieve in different ways; if he decides that he wants to/can/should play oln Sunday, then I'd support him. All I can say is this--if I were Jon Gruden, I would let him do whatever he wants.

Didn't Favre play just after his father died? People grieve in different ways; if he decides that he wants to/can/should play oln Sunday, then I'd support him. All I can say is this--if I were Jon Gruden, I would let him do whatever he wants.

there is a huge difference between a 3 month old and an old man dying...

but again, i would not be surprised if he were to play either...

Thoughts and prayers to the Bryants. What a terrible thing to have to go through as a parent.

Having your dad die is sad and tragic but the guy was like 60 years old or so ,so Favre put his heart aside and played a whale of a game that night but still its not something as shocking as finding your 3 month old baby dead in his crib when he was perfectly fine the day before.

My dad died when he was just 46 and I was just 6 but that would have been of no comparison to shock if my son had died at a few months old - There is a bit of difference IMO -
Both tragic and sad things mind you but there is a difference and one is much more unexpected than the other

Last edited:
People grieve in different ways; if he decides that he wants to/can/should play oln Sunday, then I'd support him.

Absolutely. For some people, having a job and a routine to focus on would be a blessed respite, a tiny sliver of normalcy. I wouldn't assume anything.

I feel terrible for the Bryant family. What a horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

As my wife and I await our first, these are the things the wake me up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat.

As the father of a ten-month-old, let me tell you how that won't change.

You're supposed to bury your parents, and your kids are supposed to bury you.

I'd be stunned if he could take a shower, let alone play football.

Awful, awful news... As has been said, losing an older loved one is hard enough. This is a pain I cannot even imagine.

My heart and thoughts go out to Matt and his family :(

Some things are worse than death, burying a child is one of them.....Unfortunately for Matt Bryant, his nightmare is just beginning....

........speaking from experience

Awful news to this father of two lovely girls. The only reason I slept at night with kids is because of something called the angel-pad. It goes off if there is no movement for 20 seconds. To the future new parents a great investment and peace of mind. I'd give anything to never have to hear another story like this again.

Omg, that is so sad! :( My thoughts and prayers go out to their family...:(

That is the worst thing that anyone could ever happen to them. I hope they have lots of support. My thoughts and prayers go out to that poor family.

Awful news to this father of two lovely girls. The only reason I slept at night with kids is because of something called the angel-pad. It goes off if there is no movement for 20 seconds. To the future new parents a great investment and peace of mind. I'd give anything to never have to hear another story like this again.

My now 9-year old was at high risk for SIDS due to his reflux problems and asthma issues. We propped up his mattress and also placed special pillows on his sides so he could not roll over. He ended up with a flat head from it but he made it through that difficult period. We bypassed the helmet to round his head out ... it looks normal today. We were lucky ...even with all we did it still can happen ... my heart and my prayers go to all families who suffer this terrible tragedy.

Some things are worse than death, burying a child is one of them.....Unfortunately for Matt Bryant, his nightmare is just beginning....

........speaking from experience

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

My now 9-year old was at high risk for SIDS due to his reflux problems and asthma issues. We propped up his mattress and also placed special pillows on his sides so he could not roll over. He ended up with a flat head from it but he made it through that difficult period. We bypassed the helmet to round his head out ... it looks normal today. We were lucky ...even with all we did it still can happen ... my heart and my prayers go to all families who suffer this terrible tragedy.

My youngest had severe reflux with apnea. He used to have to be held upright for an hour after his feedings (those 3 hour ones) and my wife had some problems after the delivery so I spent 4 months sleeping in a chair with my son strapped to the front of me so that I could feed him and keep him in the upright position until the next feeding. We used to do some of the same things. We had a raised crib, we'd tuck towels on the front and back to keep him from rolling over, etc. When he was a little older, he used to sleep in his swing. He didn't end up with a flat head and is fine now but it was very stressful that first year.

Even with all of our attention, he ended up in Children's Hospital several times.

We also found that if we could get him to fall asleep immediately after he ate, he would not reflux as much and we figured out that if we immediately put him in his swing and crank it up high, he'd fall right asleep. :)

My youngest had severe reflux with apnea. He used to have to be held upright for an hour after his feedings (those 3 hour ones) and my wife had some problems after the delivery so I spent 4 months sleeping in a chair with my son strapped to the front of me so that I could feed him and keep him in the upright position until the next feeding. We used to do some of the same things. We had a raised crib, we'd tuck towels on the front and back to keep him from rolling over, etc. When he was a little older, he used to sleep in his swing. He didn't end up with a flat head and is fine now but it was very stressful that first year.

Even with all of our attention, he ended up in Children's Hospital several times.

We also found that if we could get him to fall asleep immediately after he ate, he would not reflux as much and we figured out that if we immediately put him in his swing and crank it up high, he'd fall right asleep. :)

I count my blessings every day that my son is healthy as a horse (and about the same size).

I mean, look at all you did for your son, and then we keep hearing stories about children getting neglected or abandoned because the parents can't go clubbing as much as they used to.

Pisses me off.

P.S. I had this thread in mind all last night, and I slept like ass. I spent most of the night staring the damn monitor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back