PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Broncos Looking to Trade Al Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at that game and I saw that. Thought I was the only one.
Man he wasn't just upchucking a little bit he was spewing like linda Blair. I was screaming for Brady to hurry and take the snap.
I have to give the guy credit though because he recovered at the snap to drive the tackle in the backfield. Think it was Light.

I was there and saw it, too! Very gross. I just couldn't tell who it was.

Shanahan has to be staring at the upcoming draft board and fuming to see NE with both the #24 & #28 picks. To load up on their side, maybe a picks-only trade package of : (1) a 2nd RD pick this yr. and (2) a 3rd RD pick in '08 at a minimum to get Wilson?

Broncos are doing some really weird things this offseason.

Broncos are doing some really weird things this offseason.

How is this wierd? They spent to upgrade their offense (bringing in Graham and Henry) and Wilson is the cap casualty for those signings. Happens in football all the time.

Anyway, Schefter is reporting that the Broncos aren't even close to a deal that would send Wilson to NY. I'd take him here, but I have a feeling that we won't be showing interest.

How is this wierd? They spent to upgrade their offense (bringing in Graham and Henry) and Wilson is the cap casualty for those signings. Happens in football all the time.

Anyway, Schefter is reporting that the Broncos aren't even close to a deal that would send Wilson to NY. I'd take him here, but I have a feeling that we won't be showing interest.

I think it's strange that they are seriously considering moving up that high, and I always considered Wilson the leader of their defense. I'm not saying the moves are bad, they're just a little weird.

I think it's strange that they are seriously considering moving up that high, and I always considered Wilson the leader of their defense. I'm not saying the moves are bad, they're just a little weird.

Ah, okay. I see what you're saying now. Nevermind then. :cool:

I wouldn't mind seeing him here. We need help at ILB and he's been a playmaker and a leader on their defense. With the defensive leadership on the team starting to enter their NFL golden years, I think it would be a smart move.

Then again, I wouldn't want to give Shanny any draft trade ammo.

The DPost is reporting that Wilson is in NY right now taking a physical, so the deal will become official soon....no mention of what's coming back.

http://www.broncosfreak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23312

From the Broncos forums:

Wilson in New York for physical
Posted by Mike Garafolo March 23, 2007 1:35PM
Categories: Trades
Broncos LB Al Wilson is in New York this afternoon for a physical being conducted by Giants team doctors, according to a league source. It's unclear if this means a trade will be finalized today, but it's a pretty good indication the Giants are ahead of any other team interested in acquiring the linebacker.

The Denver Post is reporting Wilson's physical means he will be a Giant today.

The trade makes some sense because the Broncos need to get DJ Williams on the field more and see what he can do. But Wilson was a stud, so they better hope Williams is too. Al's been the best player on that D not named Champ for years.

So the Broncs have added Bly and subtracted Wilson. Has the D really gotten any better?

What I'm wondering is if one of New York's DEs is part of this deal. If they could get Kiwanuka, then that would be interesting.

The trade makes some sense because the Broncos need to get DJ Williams on the field more and see what he can do. But Wilson was a stud, so they better hope Williams is too. Al's been the best player on that D not named Champ for years.

So the Broncs have added Bly and subtracted Wilson. Has the D really gotten any better?

What I'm wondering is if one of New York's DEs is part of this deal. If they could get Kiwanuka, then that would be interesting.

Bates is a big addition also and the offseason isn't over yet.

Bates is a big addition also and the offseason isn't over yet.

I agree, but it looks like the additions will have to be made in the draft. Unless they can get Kiwanuka, which I would doubt. I think you will get a good DE in the first round of the draft though, as I like Moss a lot and Spencer (who I haven't seen as much) seems good too. But it's hard for a rookie to make too much of an impact.

That's actually a really good observation, theyve been looking for a good pass-rushing DE since Berry and Howard left, sinking so low as to import Cleveland's DL.

From a NY writer..

No Deal

That's the word from a person familiar with the trade talks, seconds ago (love the internets!).

Broncos LB Al Wilson is, or was, in Giants Stadium today to take a physical, which seemed to be the last hurdle to closing the deal. The person did not offer details, only to say the deal was dead -- it was believed to be for a mid-round draft pick.

Wilson is 29 and is coming off a second surgery on his right thumb in as many seasons. He also jammed his neck in a Sunday night game with the Seahawks this season but returned to play the following week.

One can make the logical assumption that the Giants medical staff didn't like what they saw, but that's only an assumption. What's fact is that Wilson is not coming to the Giants.

Yeah, just saw that. I wonder if the Lions have gotten involved and Al is going there because they do need a MLB and a leader.

Yeah, just saw that. I wonder if the Lions have gotten involved and Al is going there because they do need a MLB and a leader.

It's possible because there were rumblings about a month ago that they wanted him as part of the Bly deal. Broncos might have put the story out there to drive up his value or Wilson could have failed his physical.

Al Wilson for a mid round pick is a steal. Maybe he wanted a new deal or something as well.

Al Wilson for a mid round pick is a steal. Maybe he wanted a new deal or something as well.

That just came to mind also. He has a new agent and chances are the contract will probably be re-done.

Give the Broncos a 4-5th rounder for him and and restructure his contract into a "prove it" deal with the option of making more money after he has a solid year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes