PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos get undisclosed pick from Raiders for DT Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any D-lineman that's available that does not go to the Colts is good news.

How many times can one player be a bust?

This deal got done because Denver preferred trading with their blood rival (Oakland) rather than their arch-nemesis (Colts). Talk about picking the lesser of 2 evils. Still, IMO the Raiders are shaping up as a major sleeper team. They are completely under the radar (pardon the pun), and from what I saw of Culpepper his legs are close to football strength. If he can give them anything, this is a .500 team with a terrific defense. I haven't done my over/unders yet for gambling purposes (time grows short) but right now I'm very high on the Raiders. If Culpepper is healthy, they could conceivably squeeze out 9-10 wins vs. an easy schedule. If Brady Quinn continues to progress, what are Phin fans going to be thinking? I see pitchforks and torches in the future around Dolphin HQ.

This deal got done because Denver preferred trading with their blood rival (Oakland) rather than their arch-nemesis (Colts). Talk about picking the lesser of 2 evils. Still, IMO the Raiders are shaping up as a major sleeper team. They are completely under the radar (pardon the pun), and from what I saw of Culpepper his legs are close to football strength. If he can give them anything, this is a .500 team with a terrific defense. I haven't done my over/unders yet for gambling purposes (time grows short) but right now I'm very high on the Raiders. If Culpepper is healthy, they could conceivably squeeze out 9-10 wins vs. an easy schedule. If Brady Quinn continues to progress, what are Phin fans going to be thinking? I see pitchforks and torches in the future around Dolphin HQ.

Maybe if their O-line can be halfway decent.

They alos have an interesting group of running backs- Dominic Rhodes, Lamont Jordan, and Michael Bush

Last edited:
Maybe if their O-line can be halfway decent.

They alos have an interesting group of running backs- Dominic Rhodes, Lamont Jordan, and Michael Bush
I think you can cross Bush off the list - for this year anyway.

They looked OK this past weekend against the juggernaut half you guys think is being built across the bay - Culpepper also looked alright but for some reason was dreadfully slow coming out from Center. Jordan looked great running, not sure if the Raider OL was playing well or if the soon to be dominant SF defense wasn't living up to expectations :)

This deal got done because Denver preferred trading with their blood rival (Oakland) rather than their arch-nemesis (Colts). Talk about picking the lesser of 2 evils.

Apparently Polian said that they didn't have an interest in trading for Warren. That's not to say that they wouldn't claim him from waivers; however, if he was cut, then that's another story of whether or not they'd go after him. But if he is cut, that would really say something about what teams think of his ability. It would be more of a concensus that he's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back