PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil arrested and charged with assault with a deadly wea

Wow, that would be damaging to Denver's defense.

Just makes you appreciate that Gronk's crazy night's haven't ended in handcuffs.

Re: OT: Broncos DE Elvis Dumervil arrested and charged with assault with a deadly wea

Wasn't Elvis in the building when he hit a Patriot from behind after the play was over precipitating a brawl that did not end well for him?

Wasn't Elvis in the building when he hit a Patriot from behind after the play was over precipitating a brawl that did not end well for him?

The only building Elvis will be in lately will be a prison.

I believe the incident you are referring to was a grab of the balls by Mankins?

The only building Elvis will be in lately will be a prison.

I believe the incident you are referring to was a grab of the balls by Mankins?

Actually, IIRC, Mankins threw a punch below the belt. :)

Lifting up your shirt to display a firearm and later denying to the cops that you have guns in the car which they subsequently find. I think it's obvious that were most Patsfans to behave that way, such charges would not be dropped even with a competent attorney.

A later PFT entry showed some skepticism at Dumervil's lawyer's optimism. I gotta say I would feel the same way.
Hopefully, considering there's little doubt from the reports that he did exactly what he was charged with it'd be pretty sad if the charges were dismissed. Also I don't know if much will save him from the court of Goodell.

Hopefully, considering there's little doubt from the reports that he did exactly what he was charged with it'd be pretty sad if the charges were dismissed. Also I don't know if much will save him from the court of Goodell.

Good point - Goodell, as we know, will police stupidity, so Dumervil could face repercussions regardless.

I could easily see a 4 game suspension set down by goodell since this involved a weapon to potentially kill and not just a fight or altercation.

If we're thinking of the same incident, then that was Von Miller. I remember that for no other reason than that it was apparently pretty out of character for him. It was during the return after Brady punted and they decided to get all pissy about it, right? Since apparently trying to score and not trying to score are both unsportsmanlike when you're winning by a lot.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amjaVMLkAYo

I dunno what was funnier, Miller going after Connolly and Light, or Robert Ayers trying to come in and help Miller only to get taken out by Waters.

Last edited:

Yup it was Von. Another senior moment for me.

Gosh, I hate when cops find my gun after I tell them I don't have one.

Gosh, I hate when cops find my gun after I tell them I don't have one.

And what's the point? Once you're detained for "road rage" with wits claiming you showed a gun they can search your car. If they're gonna find it, WTF? Especially if you have a permit. Fess up. You can always deny deny deny that you showed it.

Last edited:

what a moron

If we're thinking of the same incident, then that was Von Miller. I remember that for no other reason than that it was apparently pretty out of character for him. It was during the return after Brady punted and they decided to get all pissy about it, right? Since apparently trying to score and not trying to score are both unsportsmanlike when you're winning by a lot.

Here's the video: Tom Brady Punt / Patriots Broncos Fight HD - YouTube

I dunno what was funnier, Miller going after Connolly and Light, or Robert Ayers trying to come in and help Miller only to get taken out by Waters.

Linemen have such great body mechanics.

Dumerville's new defense is he didn't own the gun or the car it was in...

Of course with witnesses placing it in his waistband and if his finger prints are on it, not sure that one's gonna work either.

How many different NFL players have been arrested in that part of Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots