Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm wondering what chance the Broncos might have Thursday of knocking off the Green Beans and sending them into another richly deserved tailspin. On paper the Beans SHOULD win but (A) they're a little beat up from Sunday night, (B) their confidence is shaken after getting spanked and swept by an undermanned Patriots squad, (C) their short week is even shorter due to the road trip and (D) soreness/injuries/fatigue are exacerbated by playing at altitude.

This is one case where I question the Beans' ability to rebound emotionally and physically as one might expect. The door is all but shut on Jersey winning the division and this promises to be a very physical defensive struggle as both offenses suck. Might be a proverbial trap game for Jabba, Li'l Marky and the Green Scum.

I think the Broncos have a 99.9% chance of losing! Really, what are they going to do offensive wise? Heck, Revis and Cromartie can sit this one out this week. As much as I would like to see Tebow lead them to victory, it's just not going to happen.

If the last 2 seasons have proven anything, it's that the Jets find ways to beat down crap teams. I am hopeful that the strange nature of 2011 continues and Tebow graces the covers of every magazine in the world next week as the triumphant half back who lead his team to a 3-0 victory after running the ball 123 times.

Last edited:
I think the Broncos have a 99.9% chance of losing! Really, what are they going to do offensive wise? Heck, Revis and Cromartie can sit this one out this week. As much as I would like to see Tebow lead them to victory, it's just not going to happen.

There's another way of looking at this, though: What if the Denver defense rises to the occasion and plays lights out? I'm just saying that if the game boils down to a defense-dominated standoff, anything can happen. Including a Li'l Marky pick-six as the difference maker.

ALSO: Believe it or not, the Broncos offense is statistically rated AHEAD of New Jersey, while both teams are pretty close defensively with the Beans holding an edge.

Last edited:
Tim Tebow just needs to pray to God and a victory he will have:p

Better than good.

My head tells me with the offense the Broncos have with Tebow..No...but Tebows already 3-1 with his unorthadox style..so what do I know..

Can't see the Donks winning
The Jets can avoid another Marky meltdown but simply running the ball with a few simple outlet passes to Lady T
Oh, wait!

denver will win thursday

denver's D gets alot of passrush pressure, i don't see the jets being good enough on offense to score much at all

and i think denver's going to run pretty well on them

wouldn't be surprised if this is tebow's first pass-less game

Did the Jets already fly out there and practice today???

If not, they'll be dead as last year's Christmas fruitcake...it takes 36 to 48 hours to acclimate to the altitude

Never underestimate the difficulty of traveling to Denver coming off short rest.

I'm wondering what chance the Broncos might have Thursday of knocking off the Green Beans and sending them into another richly deserved tailspin. On paper the Beans SHOULD win but (A) they're a little beat up from Sunday night, (B) their confidence is shaken after getting spanked and swept by an undermanned Patriots squad, (C) their short week is even shorter due to the road trip and (D) soreness/injuries/fatigue are exacerbated by playing at altitude.

This is one case where I question the Beans' ability to rebound emotionally and physically as one might expect. The door is all but shut on Jersey winning the division and this promises to be a very physical defensive struggle as both offenses suck. Might be a proverbial trap game for Jabba, Li'l Marky and the Green Scum.
Yep, I agree to some extent also. Discussed this very thing tonight with my son. I think they did get very beat up the other night and it will show both physically and mentally. Also, that damn mile high crap as we all know and love will play a part. I still have a feeling the donkeys just might pull it off. I can't stand them or Tebow, but I will be A fan for a few hours :D Nothing will make me smile more than to see thier miserable exsistence crushed before our eyes. Man, do I loath them basssstards.......;)

If not, they'll be dead as last year's Christmas fruitcake...it takes 36 to 48 hours to acclimate to the altitude

You don't have to acclimate, meaning the other school of thought is that you show up inside of 24hrs and rely on how oxygen rich your blood already is. It really takes more along the lines of a couple weeks to truly acclimate, or retrain your blood to be oxygen rich at altitude. Anyway you slice it in either scenario they'll be running on fumes by the 3rd qtr.
I think this is an L for the Jest. The Broncos are going to run and then run again, all day long. Rush D is not the Jest strength. I see them getting tired and run on. 20-16 Denver.......

With the deflated egos of the Jests team it doesn't matter how they get acclimated to the altitude ;) Rex will be Rex and guarantee another SB. He will do so this week and they'll be ready for anything. HIGHER than the Rockies watch.;)

Don't see the Jets losing this game although it may be closer than some think

I see a VERY low scoring game on both sides

If the final score is

NY Jets 10
Denver 3

Won't surprise me

You don't have to acclimate, meaning the other school of thought is that you show up inside of 24hrs and rely on how oxygen rich your blood already is. It really takes more along the lines of a couple weeks to truly acclimate, or retrain your blood to be oxygen rich at altitude. Anyway you slice it in either scenario they'll be running on fumes by the 3rd qtr.
I think this is an L for the Jest. The Broncos are going to run and then run again, all day long. Rush D is not the Jest strength. I see them getting tired and run on. 20-16 Denver.......

I hope you're right. It's funny re., the altitude issue: Most NFL folks say it's no big deal, that visiting players just play through it with no discernible impact on performance. But I remember going out for a jog there many years ago while vacationing and truly sucking wind after a few minutes at my regular pace. I also recall suddenly taking deep breaths while sleeping or napping, like my body had to "catch up" on the oxygen it suddenly was missing.

I played full court hoops at around 8500 feet in the late 90s. Brutal.

No way the jets lose this one IMO after a big loss to the pats

I played full court hoops at around 8500 feet in the late 90s. Brutal.

Yup. Was going to say the same thing. It's going to high 30's, low 40's around 8pm. Cold air and elevation and short day rest. Let's hope it gives the Jets tons of problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes